Most popular IEM?
Feb 3, 2009 at 2:48 AM Post #16 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by nickdawg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ipod stock earbuds. That's what I see the most of on people!
wink.gif

Yes. Endorsed by millions of masochists worldwide.

Feb 3, 2009 at 2:59 AM Post #18 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spyro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Also seems SA6 completely fell off the radar....

I think their durability issues hurt. I know it bothered me, even though I did like the sound. Too bad, they are good people. But you can't keep replacing stuff all the time. They have new models out, I believe. Or coming soon.

Feb 3, 2009 at 4:33 AM Post #20 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kikuji /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Shure SE530. There always seem to be a thread on these.

haha i reckon but they are just such a benchmark, i love being an owner of them and having them constantly popping up in posts. makes it so much fun to constantly hear peoples feedback on earphones you have

Feb 3, 2009 at 1:20 PM Post #22 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by Quantom88 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Looks like I'm quite shure how the headfi community tilts with regards to IEMs.
biggrin.gif

the shures and etymotics will walk the popularity wars for some time, give it another year and the westone 3 and IE8 will and should be just as popular.

but head fi never tilts one way or another, its important to remember the question you asked. if you asked what is everybodies favourite IEM then the result would be a little different i imagine. if you asked what was the best then again it would have been different.

the se530, triple fi 10, westone 3 and ety er4's are all very high quality canal phones, all offer different sound signatures and all do thier signature superbly. there is no best, not in my opinion anyway, i have my favourite sure but i have no doubts in my mind that it isnt the best for everyone. everyone has thier favourite, this is the best for them but recommending whats best for somebody else is very difficult indeed.

im suprised how unpopular the triple fi 10 has suddenly became just lately, its as if nobody owns it all of a sudden its strangely underrated right now, does it really take that much of a back seat to the W3 and IE8 guys??
beerchug.gif

Feb 4, 2009 at 12:48 PM Post #23 of 29
Had the Shure SE530 and sold them after only one month, after getting the W3s. But even before that, I was very disappointed by the build quality, bulkiness, multiple extensions, microphonics, and a cheaply built and not fully working volume attenuator.

Seems I was one of the lucky few who found the perfect fit in about 5 minutes on the W3s, and was quite impressed by the sound & build quality, great portability, and NO mocrophinics!

Oh yes, one thing where the Shure's excelled at was the packaging, which to me did not match the contents. Exactly the opposite case with the W3s, not so great packaging, yet excellent IEMs.

Feb 4, 2009 at 1:17 PM Post #24 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by jinx20001 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
im suprised how unpopular the triple fi 10 has suddenly became just lately, its as if nobody owns it all of a sudden its strangely underrated right now, does it really take that much of a back seat to the W3 and IE8 guys??
beerchug.gif

Absolutely not. Just most people I think are a bit fed up of the fit...

Feb 4, 2009 at 2:08 PM Post #25 of 29
i liked TF10...i wud love to have it next to my IE7

both are same leagues..but very different sound

Feb 4, 2009 at 3:13 PM Post #26 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nocturnal310 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i liked TF10...i wud love to have it next to my IE7

both are same leagues..but very different sound

very different??? fairly similar if you ask me, got the 7s in just now and had triples in earlyer.

actually i think i like the 7 better, shame about the fit

Feb 21, 2009 at 8:46 PM Post #27 of 29
: Quote:

Originally Posted by montell /img/forum/go_quote.gif
IE8, W3 and Phonak are still FOTM headphones. The praise that W3 innitialy got has already cooled down a little bit.

ER4 is a prehistoric IEM. It is only popular because of the positive reviews it got from pros 10 years ago due to a lack of better options at that time. It has a large cult following ever since.

ER4...prehistoric...could be... but I love them anyway! Maybe because I'm an old "prehistoric" guy
darthsmile.gif

Feb 21, 2009 at 8:50 PM Post #28 of 29
ie8 are no longer fotm headphones they have kept up the hype and are considered to be by most top end cans with some real performance but I think the westone's were over hyped and for many they had sibilance or other issues which prohibited enjoyment of the headphones again I think the ie8 should most definitely be a choice since many people right now are opting for them.

Feb 21, 2009 at 8:54 PM Post #29 of 29
Yes, it is possible to cancel this poll by contacting an administrator. There are too many that are extremely popular that are not on this poll that you might want to add. You could have up to 10 choices, namely the IE8.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back