Most popular genre?
Jan 14, 2007 at 5:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 27

sebascrub

500+ Head-Fier
This is just out of curiosity...I was wondering what were the demographics of Head-Fi. Kind of like a SoundScan online! Anyways, just choose the one genre that you feel typifies your tastes the best. One choice allowed only! Sorry!

Jan 14, 2007 at 5:41 PM Post #2 of 27
Sorry to be nitpicky, but I think the title should be restated to something like "Your Genre." Currently it sounds like it's asking for what you THINK is the most popular genre and not what is. Anyway, as for the poll, classical fanatic here.

Jan 14, 2007 at 5:59 PM Post #3 of 27
Classical too, but you probably should have put "Folk" as an option on that list...

Also, I think you might be unfairly biasing the poll against people who like rock music - they'll be split between Rock, Alternative and Indie at the very least. But could be an interesting poll.

Jan 14, 2007 at 6:00 PM Post #4 of 27
Although I'm strongly against genre loyalty, my most predominant genre is Punk. I listen to every different kind of music I can get my hands on though, as long as it's good. I don't understand people that only listen to one genre
confused.gif

Jan 14, 2007 at 7:36 PM Post #7 of 27
I figured Classical, Rock, and Electronica would be the most popular.

Jan 14, 2007 at 8:27 PM Post #10 of 27
My favourite music is composed mostly of Flamenco (traditional and new), Jazz (from the 60's) and Classical Guitar.

Jan 14, 2007 at 8:51 PM Post #12 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Schalldämpfer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry to be nitpicky, but I think the title should be restated to something like "Your Genre." Currently it sounds like it's asking for what you THINK is the most popular genre and not what is. Anyway, as for the poll, classical fanatic here.

That's true. But my post does go on to say "best typifies your tastes" so, I think it'll be fine.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hell_Gopher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Classical too, but you probably should have put "Folk" as an option on that list...

Also, I think you might be unfairly biasing the poll against people who like rock music - they'll be split between Rock, Alternative and Indie at the very least. But could be an interesting poll.

Shoot...I knew I was forgetting something. I also forgot Country, for those who are of the banjo-persuasion (unfair stereotype, I know
icon10.gif
).

As for the bias, that could be true, given that I love rock, so I know more about it, so subconsciously I make split-hair distinctions. I meant Indie as in any independent music, whether it be rock, hip-hop, pop, classical, whatever. Alternative is a genre that also I think falls outside of rock, though I agree that there is much overlap.

Jan 14, 2007 at 8:54 PM Post #13 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by DanielBurns11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Although I'm strongly against genre loyalty, my most predominant genre is Punk. I listen to every different kind of music I can get my hands on though, as long as it's good. I don't understand people that only listen to one genre
confused.gif

Well, there is so much to consider in a single genre. I believe that I could spend the rest of my life listening to rock and not get bored. There is so much work within a single genre to be discovered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back