Most Overrated Bands?
Jun 11, 2008 at 12:09 AM Post #122 of 134
Amen to that, ozz!

Jun 11, 2008 at 1:53 AM Post #123 of 134
I have never enjoyed either Blur or Oasis.
I'm not sure if it's the band itself or the type music they play.

Jun 11, 2008 at 2:53 AM Post #124 of 134
RYAN ADAMS!

Jun 11, 2008 at 4:06 PM Post #125 of 134
Quote:

Originally Posted by ozz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
After reading some of these threads I wonder how many of the bands
of today will even get airtime 30 to 40 years from now.

At this point about .1% of the bands of any interest today get any airtime at all.

Jun 11, 2008 at 6:01 PM Post #128 of 134
Quote:

Originally Posted by The_X /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Led Zeppelin.

Who the hell ever decided 20 minute drum solos were somehow cool?

I'm trying to recall having ever heard or seen a LZ 20 minute drum solo. If they ever indulged that long, it was in concert. However, drum solos were quite common in the late 60s through at least the end of the 70s. There are/were worst offenders than Zep. Cream comes to mind.

Still, extended drum solos are far from what I think of when thinking about Led Zeppelin and what they were all about. Kind of a strange criticism of them really.

Jun 11, 2008 at 6:41 PM Post #129 of 134
Quote:

Originally Posted by Milner /img/forum/go_quote.gif
RYAN ADAMS!

Hmmm ... I like Ryan's early solo work a lot, and he was great when I saw him in concert, but there's some truth in that.

As for Led Zep, I'd say that they were continually underrated between 1976 and 2000. The pendulum may have swung the other way, but they're an astonishingly influential band and I wouldn't be confident about how highly to rate them myself.

Jun 11, 2008 at 9:34 PM Post #131 of 134
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sordel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmmm ... I like Ryan's early solo work a lot, and he was great when I saw him in concert, but there's some truth in that.

As for Led Zep, I'd say that they were continually underrated between 1976 and 2000. The pendulum may have swung the other way, but they're an astonishingly influential band and I wouldn't be confident about how highly to rate them myself.

Ryan is the one that really turned me off to his music....Mostly because of his behavior at a show....

Jun 11, 2008 at 10:11 PM Post #132 of 134
Quote:

Originally Posted by Milner /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ryan is the one that really turned me off to his music....Mostly because of his behavior at a show....

Was that the infamous "Run To You" debacle when he wouldn't play until one of the audience was thrown out?

To be honest, it's increasingly his music that's putting me off. 29 was pretty good, but recent years have definitely seen a bad decline.

Jun 12, 2008 at 7:16 PM Post #134 of 134
Led zeppelin, Black sabbath, Metallica, Mega Deth, most the old metal bands for that matter are so overrated imo :X *puts flame suit on*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back