Most Overrated Bands?
Jun 7, 2008 at 1:39 PM Post #17 of 134
I think Avril Lavigne is WAY too overrated.
Also everything from T-Pain to Chris Brown.

But i disagree with the people who said Coldplay are overrated

Jun 7, 2008 at 1:41 PM Post #18 of 134
I kinda like Coldplay but they draw more attention than they should. My biggest overated band would be U2 and maybe Dave Mathew's Band.

I hate Cyndi Lauper.

Let's keep it civil guys.

Jun 7, 2008 at 1:43 PM Post #19 of 134
Quote:

Originally Posted by neodyme60 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think Avril Lavigne is WAY too overrated.
Also everything from T-Pain to Chris Brown.

But i disagree with the people who said Coldplay are overrated

i like avril lavigne, perhaps a bit overated,

ps is that my sig format you got there?

Jun 7, 2008 at 2:29 PM Post #21 of 134
For me, a great deal of Emerson Lake and Palmer is naff. Listening on modern equipment reveals even more naffness - where musicians were slightly overstretching their abilities and inaccuracies crept in.

Emerson's piano concerto - OMG. Crape soozett.

Ian

Jun 7, 2008 at 2:31 PM Post #22 of 134
Definitely the Rolling Stones. That was the first one that jumped to mind. I like Coldplay and the Beatles and the Dave Matthews band so sue me. How about Belle & Sebastien? They're pretty over rated. I'll think of more...

Jun 7, 2008 at 3:05 PM Post #23 of 134
Radiohead
wink.gif

Jun 7, 2008 at 3:13 PM Post #24 of 134
Quote:

Originally Posted by Faust2D /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Radiohead
wink.gif

Oh, dear...
Time to duck for cover
evil_smiley.gif

Jun 7, 2008 at 3:34 PM Post #26 of 134
what do you guys think about usher? I guess not as much now but about a year ago he was talked about on every street corner.

Oh, and Beatles and bands like that such as the Beach Boys are incredible bands for the record and IMO they are not overrated. They produce very good music. All this is IMO by the way.

Jun 7, 2008 at 3:51 PM Post #28 of 134
At least this thread will just get locked if it goes bad. If you say you don't much like the Beatles, nevermind say that they're the most overrated band over at Steve Hoffman Forums then you'll get a permanent ban on you before you can blink and they'll send the heavies round to stone you to death with a macintosh amp.

Jun 7, 2008 at 4:09 PM Post #30 of 134
Rolling Stones
Journey
Phil Collins-solo

There are many big names I think got too much accolades but I won't mention for the flames.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back