Most neutral IEMs for $100.
Aug 5, 2012 at 2:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

Siva108

Head-Fier
So I decided to see what the IEM side has to offer before I get my cans to see if I can get a better deal by going with IEMs.

I'm looking for the most neutral IEMs I can get for $100 or less.

I'm looking for comfort, isolation, durability, etc.

I'm hoping to see some giant killers. 
tongue_smile.gif

Thanks. 
smile.gif

Aug 6, 2012 at 6:12 AM Post #4 of 22
A161P. Not quite neutral but pretty close with a touch of warmth and way better than others in same range.

Aug 6, 2012 at 6:34 AM Post #5 of 22
The Etymotic HF5s are very neutral and Etymotic's isolation will always be the best, but the comfort might take some time to get used to, due to the very deep insertion.
As mentioned by psygeist, also the MEElectronics A161Ps would be a good option, though they're less neutral than the HF5s and their isolation level is quite lower too.

Aug 6, 2012 at 1:05 PM Post #6 of 22
+1 Ety HF5.  For only $100, you might have to find gently used, or "refurbished", or open box on Amazon or eBay.

Aug 6, 2012 at 2:02 PM Post #7 of 22
I know this IEM is not known or used by many Head-Fi members yet but I think the Monster Ncredible Nergy is one heck of an IEM with very good balance. If your in the US or Canada you can pick these up at local stores which often have a no hassle return policy.

I find these comfortable, mostly tangle free, low microphonics when you use the shirt clip. They have an iPhone/android button. Sound wise they have a nice controlled bass, amazing mids, and nice sparkly and fairly detailed treble. The sound stage on these is also above average. These are able to compete with a lot of more expensive IEM's

Price wise these retail for $70 but are available online for around $60.

Aug 6, 2012 at 2:46 PM Post #8 of 22
Quote:
+1 Ety HF5.  For only $100, you might have to find gently used, or "refurbished", or open box on Amazon or eBay.

The $100 price for a brand new, unopened, warrantied cobalt HF5 (that's the same deal I got) is back again on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000XP8DJC/ref=oh_details_o04_s00_i00
The OP should act quickly.

Aug 6, 2012 at 3:02 PM Post #9 of 22
Quote:
A161P. Not quite neutral but pretty close with a touch of warmth and way better than others in same range.

+1 on the Meelec A161P. Very good value for $100.

Aug 6, 2012 at 3:36 PM Post #10 of 22
The most neutral for under 100 in my mind would be either the RE0 or RE-ZERO.  I don't know about the ZERO, but I know for a fact that the RE0 had some build issues :frowning2:  I would steer towards the Etymotics for that reason.  MEE A161 isn't a bad choice either, Etymotic has better build though.  

Aug 6, 2012 at 3:47 PM Post #11 of 22
While I have listed my first choice, the Ety HFx series is definitely a wonderful IEM if you can find one under $100. The HF will give you amazing detail and wonderful mids. The Nergy I mentioned actually has a similar mid centric sound with slightly more bass presence and slightly more treble energy but with less detail and precision. The Ety's slay the Nergy for isolation and the Nergy is much more comfortable and easy to insert. I think the Ety have the better instrument separation but the Nergy has a bit bigger sound stage.

Aug 6, 2012 at 4:01 PM Post #13 of 22
Quote:
ety HF5! had re0 and found them sooo boring !

Boring has nothing to do with wether or not it's neutral XD  I found the RE0 more neutral despite missing that higher-midrange pazazz that the HF5 has.  HF5 is a little above neutral in the treble and a little below in the low-end.  

Aug 6, 2012 at 5:40 PM Post #14 of 22
I'd say Etymotic ER6's but Ety has long since discontinued them (bastards)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back