Most Musical DAC/Amps
Jun 10, 2021 at 11:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Bimbleton

100+ Head-Fier
To hell with linearity! What is a portable DAC/amp (together or separate) that genuinely sounds interesting and musical to you? Something great to listen to for hours on end, that complements a variety of headphones.

*caveat: maybe something linear sounds the best to you, so let me know what’s good.

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2021 at 4:21 AM Post #2 of 5
Walnut F2 as an amp sounds most musical to me. Followed by VE Odyssey HD. They don't have fantastic specs but I really enjoy listening music on them more than Fiio BTR5

Jun 12, 2021 at 7:56 AM Post #3 of 5
I have tried many portable devices, from 30 to 600-700 €.

Nothing sounds more beautiful, musical and balanced to me than the Dragonfly Cobalt.

Mojo is good, but I find it too dark, soft and boring.

iFi micro iDSD Black Label was the latest purchase and also the most expensive, it sounds so raw, irritating and anti-musical to me that I would throw it out the window.

Jun 14, 2021 at 11:51 AM Post #5 of 5
Hello,

The Dac Nuprime Hi Mdac has won me over over time, even more so when I connected it to the Little Dot 1+.
I found the Fostex Hp A3 not bad, it was my first device and it would be great if it could also connect smartphones and tablets.
Unfortunately, it can only be connected to a PC or notebook.
At home I still have the Singxer Sda 2C which I think is great and has taken another step forward with the Singxer Su2 via I2S.

And none of the above mentioned devices sound nearly linear to my ears.
Oh well, the Hidizs S3 wasn't bad either. slight problems with the Usb C jack otherwise it would be ideal for the small purse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back