Most memorable concert(s) you've been to in 2006/07?
Feb 7, 2007 at 4:40 AM Post #31 of 35
Pearl Jam, Tool, and Sigur Ros. I saw Pearl Jam and Tool multiple times each, but the Sigur Ros show (MSG Theatre) was amazing and such a different concert experience, very emotional and goosebump inducing.

Pearl Jam was amazing as always (saw them 5 times this year - Albany, 2 nights in Camden, NJ, and 2 nights w/Tom Petty in Milwaukee) Can't say which one was best, may have had the most fun at the first Camden show as I broke one of my buddy's Pearl Jam live cherry that night and he had one of the best times of his life.

My two Tool concerts were amazing (Camden and East Rutherford, NJ) --the first one stood out the most since they played identical setlists, and since it was my first Tool show, absolutely outstanding.

Overall, the Pearl Jam concerts may have been the best, because they are all such amazing shows (each one is unique) and the crowds are always the most fun and loudest.

Almost forgot about seeing Roger Waters play the Dark Side of the Moon in Madison Square Garden, that was amazing (and only could have been better if the rest of Pink Floyd was there (Nick Mason played drums for the DSotM set) and RW didn't play any of his solo stuff
tongue.gif
)

I'm looking forward to lots more concerts this year, starting with Mastodon this coming Saturday!

Feb 16, 2007 at 2:19 PM Post #32 of 35
Roger Waters ,
I never thought that i would ever see a live Pink Floyd show , their last album was released five years before i was born ..
So for me , only being in that concert was a dream coming true .
The Concert was great , i had a good position ( got there 4 hours before it began ) , a truly memrobale Day , and I got to sing "We Don't no Education" with my dad , how many people can say that ?
cool.gif

The Blackfield concert was great also , i even opened a thread about it ( didn't see this one )

Feb 16, 2007 at 4:02 PM Post #33 of 35
Radiohead @ Bonnaroo - I was second row center, and it was the greatest experience of my life. I can't even describe it in words.

Roger Waters @ Noblesville, IN - Insane show, and the closest I'll ever get to seeing Floyd live
smily_headphones1.gif
It's amazing that he can still do shows this good.

Feb 16, 2007 at 4:53 PM Post #34 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by itay /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Roger Waters ,
I never thought that i would ever see a live Pink Floyd show , their last album was released five years before i was born ..

So you are only 8? Their last album was in 94.

I saw Roger Water back in 99, and it was pretty amazing. Probably better than pink floyd, because he 'is' Floyd after all. Plus, Gilmour plays his solos pretty much note for note anyways, so someone else doing them was that big of a drop off.

Feb 16, 2007 at 5:07 PM Post #35 of 35
for me, from great to greatest...

Wilco - Nels Cline really makes them an awe-inspiring live ensemble, even more so than before.

Maja Ratkje & POING - classical? folk? noise? jazz? totally uncategorizable stuff but also totally fascinating.

Yo La Tengo - Ira Kaplan owns.

Nels Cline & Glenn Kotche - Cline made a lot of noise and Kotche was impressively diverse, and when they played as a duo they were mesmerizing.

Satoko Fujii & Natsuki Tamura - great duo performance to an audience of like 15.

Atomic (Paal Nilssen-Love, Fredrik Ljungkvist, et al), last Thursday - awesomely energetic free-jazz blowout. Whew!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back