Most insane, weirdest looking headphones you ever seen.
Aug 8, 2010 at 9:16 PM Post #16 of 48
@xxmastaxx: They are the Koss KDE/250 (post edited, should have included that in the first place, thanks!)

Aug 8, 2010 at 9:22 PM Post #17 of 48
Do you have them? How is the sound?

Quote:
@xxmastaxx: They are the Koss KDE/250 (post edited, should have included that in the first place, thanks!)

Aug 8, 2010 at 9:34 PM Post #18 of 48
I have posted a crude review HERE They retail for ~$140, and have a lifetime warranty, which I have used to great effect.

Personally, after comparing them to things at CanJam, I am astounded that no one else seems to have them... In it's price range the only thing that beats it for me is the Radius DDM. To me, two dynamic elements are better than most triple element balanced armature phones, and compete with highly regarded dynamics such at the Monster turbine series (I tried the Shure SE525, Westone 2 and 3, and the Monster Turbine PRO Gold, all of which paled in comparison, before even looking at price.)

Overall, it is a colored, slower, unbalanced DDM, I appreciate it, but acknowledge the DDM's superiority.. I tried them at CanJam also, by the way, and think the DDM will be the successor to my KDE.

Aug 8, 2010 at 10:12 PM Post #20 of 48
People, people, people.  We're not even getting warm here.  The best "weird headphone" is the one where the person wearing them doesn't even know how weird he looks.  It's the one where neither the photographer nor the subject are angling to look weird.  It's where you capture genuine weirdness in the wild, not some Tim Burton wannabe with a glue stick and a couple of pieces from a plastic graveyard.

I give you the creme de la creme.  I give you the Unwitting Magneto wearing the Jecklin Float:

What's truly great about this photo is the combination of that creepy smile, that paisley shirt and that buddy in the flannel shirt and the "hey girlfriend" stance.

Aug 8, 2010 at 10:15 PM Post #21 of 48

Quote:
People, people, people.  We're not even getting warm here.  The best "weird headphone" is the one where the person wearing them doesn't even know how weird he looks.  It's the one where neither the photographer nor the subject are angling to look weird.  It's where you capture genuine weirdness in the wild, not some Tim Burton wannabe with a glue stick and a couple of pieces from a plastic graveyard.

I give you the creme de la creme.  I give you the Unwitting Magneto wearing the Jecklin Float:

What's truly great about this photo is the combination of that creepy smile, that paisley shirt and that buddy in the flannel shirt and the "hey girlfriend" stance.

LOL

Aug 8, 2010 at 10:20 PM Post #22 of 48
This picture really deserves the wide-angle effect.  I want to find a place where I can print it the size of a big-screen TV and hang it behind my desk.

Say hello to my little friend.

Aug 8, 2010 at 10:43 PM Post #23 of 48
Are they worth the humiliation.
biggrin.gif

Quote:
This picture really deserves the wide-angle effect.  I want to find a place where I can print it the size of a big-screen TV and hang it behind my desk.

Say hello to my little friend.

Aug 9, 2010 at 12:37 AM Post #24 of 48
Two words - "Priceless Shame"

I would literally die laughing if I saw one of those naked bicyclist in Fremont wearing nothing but these Jecklin Floats. I wonder how safe it would be wearing these beasts instead of my Arai helmet.  At least people would take notice for once.

Ironically, the design is something out of a Japanese cartoon that the villain or hero would wear.  I'm happy to see Stax didn't see any humor in the Jecklin design, or perhaps it was used as a motivation poster on how not to design electrostats. 

Aug 9, 2010 at 3:12 AM Post #26 of 48

What if a mass of people wearing Jecklin Floats parades your city? And no i didn't say they were naked people
biggrin.gif

Quote:
Was waiting for the Jecklin Floats to come up. 

Aug 9, 2010 at 5:19 AM Post #27 of 48
Good God I love Jecklin's headphones. They always make me smile to see pictures of people wearing them.

Aug 9, 2010 at 5:25 AM Post #28 of 48
I always thought that picture in Bila's picture was photoshopped or something. I didn't think the Jecklins were real until now. Shows how noob I am.

Aug 9, 2010 at 1:26 PM Post #30 of 48

The skullcandy is just plan stupid.
Quote:

Who wants to put ET's finger in their ears? Always the chinese and their weird design.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back