most fun things to do in spare time
Aug 20, 2002 at 11:16 PM Post #16 of 26
Listen to music, of course; watch tv or movies (lots of anime); video games (need more time to practice Soul Calibur 2, darn it); read (current book is "Snow Crash" by Neal Stephenson); play racquetball and work out. In the summer, I love beach trips. Spring or fall, camping w/ friends. Winter, skiing. I want to learn some DIY skills, and I also want to make my own AMVs.

Aug 21, 2002 at 1:00 AM Post #17 of 26
Quote:

Originally posted by JMT
Spare time?
confused.gif

Yeah, you know, like between amps
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Aug 21, 2002 at 2:13 AM Post #18 of 26
Golf, read, listen to music, shop, and watch/attend as many women's basketball games and tournaments and I can.

I also like to travel and do the same things!

Aug 21, 2002 at 9:18 AM Post #20 of 26
Quote:

Originally posted by HighwayStar

Yeah, you know, like between amps
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Hey HighwayStar

JMT and Carlo are very funny !!! I like it...

Ari

biggrin.gif

Aug 21, 2002 at 9:36 AM Post #21 of 26
I'm getting all cultural and attending art museums, now that I had the chance to see the Warhol retrospective here at MOCA. I also like to sleep (I work a night shift) look at art books, read occasionally.

I don't think I'll accomplish much in this life. I have no interest in 'keeping busy' or 'doing something constructive' with my time. It seems to me that go-getters are the ones who pull out guns and threaten you on the freeway...I'd rather drive 55 and just sit at home listening to music and writing in my journal...my inner life is much richer than my outer one.

Aug 21, 2002 at 4:07 PM Post #23 of 26
BoardC3,

I love wakeboarding as well! It's my favorite of all watersports. I've actually been doing it for a while, but I'm still not that good. I can jump the wake and everything, but no flips or really cool tricks. I think I would improve if I had a nice boat with an air pylon and huge wake though (Air Nautique mmmm).
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 21, 2002 at 5:20 PM Post #24 of 26
I like working out (cardio + weights). The gym here in town is only a 1 minute bike ride from my house, so staying committed to it is cake. In four months, I've dropped over 20 lbs.
biggrin.gif

I'm starting to enjoy watching my diet too -- calorie counting is kinda fun. Intake counting, burn counting, etc. Restricting my eating to timed intervals, cuttnig out the junk. It's a challenge when there's a Coney Island (short-order food joint for those of you that don't have Coney's in town) that has killer burgers and other types of deep-fried goodies.

Exercise wise -- I enjoy running (moreso on a treadmill than outside -- recently sprained my ankle running on grass..). Bike riding; however, I don't do it nearly as much as I should. It's also a great way to spend time with my wife.

Aug 22, 2002 at 1:59 AM Post #25 of 26
Jeff,

have you made it to the norton simon since they added the "art of giving" exhibition? i haven't had time yet and i'm not familiar with artwork from that region of the world, but if you could share some views on it it'd be much appreciated.

incidentally, moca is getting cooler and cooler by the month. much more enjoyable than the new (or the old) getty in my opinion.

grinch,

i hope that was a statement and not a request.

best,
carlo.

Aug 23, 2002 at 7:28 AM Post #26 of 26
Scrabble!

I like to read, too (latest favourite author: Laurell K. Hamilton). Quote:

Originally posted by ArChaos
You mean you prefer SPEAKING about it?

No, that would be "aural sex". "Oral sex" is...oh, never mind, go ask your mother...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back