Most durable IEM under 150$
Nov 13, 2011 at 2:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Poak

100+ Head-Fier
Hey everyone, I'm going to purchase a new pair of in-ear headphones because my klipsch image S4 broke yesterday. That was my second pair of image S4 and both broke very quickly.

So the most important criteria for me is durability, I want something that will last. I'm looking for a pair under 150$, around 100$ if possible. Also, I mostly listen to electronic music: Trance, Drum & Bass and Dubstep are the three genres I listen the most these days. I don't want headphones with overpowered bass such as those by Dr. Dre or Bose,, but I still want the bass to be present and tight without overpowering the rest of the song. Actually, the sound of the image S4 by klipsch was perfect to me, and I would buy a new pair if they would be durable.

Finally, I live in Canada but I don't mind buying my new pair on the internet if needed.

I've been looking at the hf5 by etymotic but once again, I have no idea if they're durable since most reviews focus on sound quality. Besides that, Shure interested me but all their IEM must be worn over the ear, which is something that bothers me so I hesitate buying Shure headphones.

What are your suggestions? Thanks!

Nov 13, 2011 at 6:07 PM Post #3 of 4
The UE TF10Pro, HF5(very sturdy built quality and they sound very detailed), HJE900, EX510, MTP Gold, Sennheiser IE7 are highly recommended.

Jan 8, 2012 at 2:24 AM Post #4 of 4
i know this is an old thread, but it came up in my own search for a durable set of IEMs.  how durable are the Atrio MG7s or the PureSound ClarityOnes??

And what did you end up buying Poak?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back