Most disappointing movies of the year?
Dec 2, 2007 at 2:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

OverlordXenu

Headphoneus Supremus
For me, it was Hitman. I don't know why I expected a video game movie to be good, but I did. I thought it would be some kind of prequel to the game, and involve a lot of stealth, but it didn't. It was just another generic Hollywood film with generic characters in generic settings with generic cinematography, and lots of action. And yet again, technology was portrayed in an extremely dumb way. And why would some international assassin organization have a logo, let alone stick their logo all over everything? Meh.

I digress...So, what was your most disappointing movie of `07?

Dec 2, 2007 at 5:34 AM Post #2 of 9
It was 300. Once again, ho hum, we see the Persians thru a Greek filter. If it was really live-action, I would say that a lot of people on the Persian side were badly miscast. I have some qualms about the historical accuracy also, but then I did not laugh my a## off, as I did with Troy: "Hector! Hector! Hector! Hec.."
rolleyes.gif

Laz

Dec 2, 2007 at 6:47 AM Post #3 of 9
Not from 2007, but I saw it in 2007: The Fountain. Interesting concept, crappy movie with almost zero character development.

After my friend and I played Hitman in 2000 we went out and saw Kiss of the Dragon and were both struck by how nicely they went together. I don't think I'll be seeing the Hitman movie. If I wanted that Hitman feeling I would watch Kiss of the Dragon instead.

Dec 2, 2007 at 6:54 AM Post #4 of 9
yeah kiss of the dragon was good or atleast I thought it was good. For me the most disappointing movie was probably good sheperd. De niro as director good cast, it got mediocre reviews but I don't always agree with the critics. In this case they were right, it was not good. It wasn't terrible it was just so long and dull, they tried to do so much with plot it was all over the place and not well developed.

Dec 2, 2007 at 5:56 PM Post #5 of 9
transformers. hyped to hell, but what did i expect, really, from michael bay. anticlimatic end scene, lousy character development, and a plot that could actually have been very good if better executed. 300 was the same way. Super hyped for a couple hours of cartoonish blood and terrible acting.

Dec 3, 2007 at 12:36 AM Post #7 of 9
My vote goes for 300. The computer animated wolf... What?

Dec 3, 2007 at 1:15 AM Post #8 of 9
I'm going to say I'm Not There. 'Disappointing' isn't 'worst' and I don't know how high expectations could have really been for 300 or Transformers. I do suspect there were an awful lot of people disappointed in Grindhouse (though I wasn't). I really did think I'm Not There could have been the best film of the year based on hype and construction, but it's far from that. I didn't see Apocalypto until early 2007. God, that was a disaster.

Dec 3, 2007 at 1:23 AM Post #9 of 9
Transformers. Still entertaining because I'm nostalgic for my youth and the effects were cool.

But, My parrot could have written a better script. And, I don't even really own a parrot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back