Most Depressing Album?
Apr 28, 2007 at 1:42 AM Post #61 of 72
"2" by The Black Heart Procession. This album is so down it forgot the beats. The only thing left is a sad funeral march with lyrics of loss and longing. I become depressed by "Blue Tears" - the second track on the album.

Apr 28, 2007 at 2:11 AM Post #62 of 72
B000003TB9.01.MZZZZZZZ.jpg

B000F2C8TY.01._SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Jin-Roh-1cd.jpg

Apr 28, 2007 at 3:02 AM Post #63 of 72
Simon and Garfunkel - The Sounds of Silence

I mean, we're talking about an album that starts with the lyric "Hello darkness, my old friend," and ends with the song "I Am a Rock" ("I am a rock, I am an island ... and a rock feels no pain, and an island never cries"). In between there's two songs about suicide, "Richard Corey" ("Richard Corey went home last night and put a bullet in his head") and "A Most Peculiar Man" ("He turned on the gas and he went to sleep, With the windows closed so he'd never wake up, To his silent world and his tiny room"), and a song about a man who has to abandon his lover because he's robbed a liquor store. Just for good measure, there's a song about a love that withered away.

Definitely depressing.

Even so, it's still hard-pressed to compete with The Wall.

Apr 29, 2007 at 12:17 AM Post #66 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by mwallace573 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Elbow - Asleep in the Back

This has to be one of the darkest rock albums I have ever heard, with one of the songs managing to get a tear or two out of me (Powder Blue).

Agreed, I absolutely love this album but I feel it's more melancholy than depressing. Powder Blue is my fave track too even if Red,Asleep in the back,Newborn and Scattered Black and Whites are great too.

Oh and I nominate just about anything by Red house painters.

Apr 29, 2007 at 2:17 AM Post #67 of 72
F# A# infinity - Godspeed You Black Emperor!

You may find yourself in a dark place with that album, bloody fantastic though!

Apr 29, 2007 at 2:26 AM Post #68 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by vcoheda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
anything by Low

I need to get some of their music. I really like that song Half Life they did for the movie The Mothman Prophecies.

Apr 30, 2007 at 10:51 PM Post #69 of 72
My collection of depressing album

Eels - Electro-Shock Blues [1998]
Nico - Desertshore [1970]
Nico - The End [1974]
Smog - Red Apple Falls [1997]
Lou Reed - Berlin [1973]
Mogwai - Happy songs for happy people [2003]
Lisa Germano - Happiness[1993]
Low - I Could Live In Hope [1994]
Marissa Nadler - Ballads Of Living And Dying [2004]

May 4, 2007 at 6:03 AM Post #70 of 72
From the past - Alice in Chains - Dirt

Current - Blue October - Foiled. It has some real catchy pop melodies, but if you pay attention to the lyrics throughout the album, it's pretty depressing stuff.

May 4, 2007 at 7:24 AM Post #71 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gatticus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I need to get some of their music. I really like that song Half Life they did for the movie The Mothman Prophecies.

Low is cool. but the music is just so slow. you have to be in the mood for it.

May 4, 2007 at 7:10 PM Post #72 of 72
Danzig - Blackaria

sad at times, tragic sounding and futile at others..somewhat repetitive overall..but definately sorrowful in some manners.

Concert Bangladesth - George Harrison LP (6 LP) set..pictures are sad, the center caps are more sad, the booklet (in color) is pretty sad too, much reality and sorrow within the wonderful instrumentals from Ravi, Bob, George, others..on this set

Users who are viewing this thread

Back