Most Consistent streaming service (audio quality)?
Jan 13, 2018 at 4:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

neil74

100+ Head-Fier
Firstly this feels like the best sub-forum for this one but feel free to move if not

I am finding the whole music streaming market a bit of a minefield and have still not landed on one for good. I am currently using apple music, spotify and tiday and am an android user who mainly uses on my phone with decent(ish) headphones plus a little Sonos at home.

I think that if you- use an iPhone it is hard to argue against apple music but on android it is really difficult as imo the apple music app is really not that good. So over the last year or 2 I have mostly used Spotify premium but my main beef other than the odd bug here and there is that the sound quality even to my un-trained ears is just so inconsistent with spotify. It is not so noticeable with albums but for playlists from varying sources it happens a lot. Have been patiently waiting for hifi on spotify but the silence has been deafening on that.

The quality on tiday hifi is very very good and seems consistent (other than some volume dropping issues) but I do not like the app at all (other than how it handles albums) and think that hifi is unnecessary for my use (maybe their 320kbps aac premium is the better option?). I have not really tried Deezer, Amazon music unlimited or Google play yet but some googling on the interweb seems to indicate that these have issues with not everything being at the advertised bitrate too.

For those on here who have tried multiple services what have you found to be the most consistent service out there?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back