Most consistent Headphone brand?
Aug 15, 2007 at 7:20 AM Post #19 of 23
hmm... Sennheiser's not bad, considering how large they are, but they do have some stinkers mixed in with their good stuff.

I would say Grado, but their lineup is basically 3 models with only minor differences between them (from a design standpoint). They are pretty much the definition of "consistent", though - in their sound, styling, etc.

What about Ultimate Ears? Their products range from budget to ultra-high-end, and seem to be pretty much universally liked (or beloved, in the case of their customs), with the exception of the super.fi 5 EB, I guess. I'm gonna give them my vote.

Aug 15, 2007 at 7:25 AM Post #20 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fitz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The OP said high quality.

Right now I would have to agree with Fitz as they have been having some quality issues I've heard of and it happened to me as well. Also, I can't stand the Y connector, but I do love their sound.
rs1smile.gif

Aug 15, 2007 at 7:28 AM Post #21 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dept_of_Alchemy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
BOSE, making consistently bad sounding equipment since 901.

Wow, that's quite the track record they've got. Is that AD, then? I guess yuppies were rocking out to overpriced headphones back when the Chinese were inventing gunpowder.

Aug 15, 2007 at 7:36 AM Post #22 of 23
Referring to Bose 901 speakers, which completely did away with having to focus on "issues" like "soundstage" or "imaging" (basically a bunch of small speakers in the back and front of a cabinet, giving equal sound from any perspective)...and managed to spin it into millions of sales with spin like Direct Reflecting Technology.

I'd say Grado, out of the brands I'm familiar with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back