most concealed canalphones
Oct 4, 2004 at 7:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 26

enzoferrari650

Headphoneus Supremus
Which canalphone is the most concealed when worn. Meaning, which one is the hardest to see when they're in your ear. I know that the shure e3's are pretty small. What about other ones. Westone UM2? Dont tell me ue10 pros or sensaphnics, or any other custom molds. Universal canalphones, that are most concealed when worn. THanks

Oct 4, 2004 at 8:00 AM Post #3 of 26
but the e3's are a lot smaller. I'm wondering which one is the smallest and hardest to see.

Oct 4, 2004 at 8:11 AM Post #4 of 26
For wearing in class, I take it?
biggrin.gif

If you have some hair, the E5 with cord run down the back should be virtually invisible. Now the question of what to do if the teach calls on you
biggrin.gif

Oct 4, 2004 at 12:51 PM Post #7 of 26
um-2_in_ear.jpg

Those are my Westone UM-2s. If you have long hair or are wearing a hat with the cord around your back, no one will no they are in. Even without, I have had to stop people from talking to me because they didn't notice I was wearing them. Either that or they thought I was wearing hearing aids
wink.gif
. From the pictures I have seen, the sensaphonic softs are almost completely invisible and have a much lower profile.

Oct 4, 2004 at 1:13 PM Post #10 of 26
The UM-2s and E5s are both pretty chunky -- if I hadn't seen one of those before, I might wind up thinking "what on EARTH is THAT?!"

... and wind up selecting between "hearing aid" and "horrid case of earwax buildup"
biggrin.gif

Oct 4, 2004 at 4:21 PM Post #11 of 26
If you want universal fit IEM that's easily concealed, you pretty much have to stick with single driver models. All dual-driver models are are too bulky in comparison.

I think ER-6i would be a pretty good choice...

Oct 4, 2004 at 4:31 PM Post #13 of 26
Here is a shot of m ER4's. I modded the stock foamies by cutting them a bit so they go farther into my ear.

DSC01813.jpg

Oct 4, 2004 at 6:14 PM Post #15 of 26
The er-6, if you wrap the cord around the back of you ears. I'd use them in class. The er-4s on the other hand, are very noticeable if they don't fit deeply inside your ear. I used them in study hall one day and everyone, including the teacher, stared at me. For an hour.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back