Most common source
Nov 8, 2017 at 9:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Ekul61

500+ Head-Fier
ive always used my fiio x5 dap as my my digital source and dac. Through a Asgard amp.

When people move up to the higher end equipment. ((Say systems above $2000)
What do most use as their main digital source?

Nov 8, 2017 at 9:56 PM Post #2 of 7
Well can’t speak for all but I do love my Yggdrasil.

Nov 9, 2017 at 12:54 AM Post #3 of 7
ive always used my fiio x5 dap as my my digital source and dac. Through a Asgard amp.

When people move up to the higher end equipment. ((Say systems above $2000)
What do most use as their main digital source?

A digital transport and DAC. Unless they want to keep using a computer, so it'll be that and a DAC.

Nov 9, 2017 at 7:51 AM Post #5 of 7
I can't speak for most people, but computers are popular for that use

Nov 9, 2017 at 8:55 AM Post #6 of 7
So most hi end users ( $2000 and up systems) use a computer fo play their digital flac files

For headphone systems, yes. For a number of reasons. People using headphone systems tend to live in smaller flats with shared walls than suburban detached homes. Less space, more need to not piss off the neighbours. So to begin with the computer is where they work or play, or both if they work with media and have an editing workstation PC instead of an overpriced, slow, loud trashcan with parts that can't be replaced.

Some use music servers but to many those are redundant. In my case my gaming PC is kind of loud and so was my older laptop, and now my new laptop is fanless but it has only a 256gb SSD. So I'm using an Android with a 64gB microSD with FLAC on it.

Last edited:
Nov 10, 2017 at 2:01 AM Post #7 of 7
I'd guess

1: computer

2: vinyl

3: CDs (dedicated transport)

4: network players / transports

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back