Most common headphone in your area?
Oct 15, 2006 at 10:09 AM Post #18 of 41
Generic Ear buds that comes with Generic mp3 players
blink.gif

Oct 15, 2006 at 1:46 PM Post #20 of 41
iBuds, Those JVC Gumy earphones, cheapy Sony earphones.

Of anything worth mentioning, four of my friends all have Sennheisers (Two with PX200's, one with PX100, one with PMX200), and I've seen quite a few PX100s around town, although they are sadly too few and far between compared to iBuds.

Oct 15, 2006 at 2:07 PM Post #22 of 41
I don't understand how anyone can listen to those ibuds, and at the levels that they play them at, they have no idea what they are doing to their hearing. If they just spent some money on some quality cans, they wouldn' have to play them so loud.

I was in a meeting the other morning, and a couple of my co-workers were complaining about someone that sits in the cubicle near them, and how her ibuds are annoyingly loud. I'm trying to think of a way to tactfully suggest some IEM's , or semi-closed cans to her. :)

Oct 15, 2006 at 5:26 PM Post #24 of 41
The vast majority is ibuds.

Otherwise usually Sony, JVC, HP etc. junk.

Seen quite a few low end Senns.

Seen 1 pair of Koss, portapros.

Never ever seen any Grado/Alessandro.

Oct 15, 2006 at 5:37 PM Post #26 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by derek8555
Oh man... Sony MDR-V150, V250, V300....some V500...and mostly commonly the ibuds!

Also saw a few Bose Triports around, and more shockingly, some K81s! I saw two guys wearing KSC75 and the other day a guy wearing E500 (Couldn't see clearly but the shiny black finish and low profile sugguested this to me)...

If it was the triports on an asian guy with a black hat on and probably glasses, then that would be one of my friends.

Oct 15, 2006 at 6:05 PM Post #27 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by skev13
If it was the triports on an asian guy with a black hat on and probably glasses, then that would be one of my friends.

No it was a girl.
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by skev13
1) ibuds
2) Sony MDR-V150
3) Grado SR-60

You actually get to see Grados on campus??

Oct 15, 2006 at 7:48 PM Post #28 of 41
Quote:

You actually get to see Grados on campus??

Yeah, I was amazed to see them around campus here too, considering that at our local hi-fi audio store, they run at about 150 CDN, plus tax (thanks Grado
blink.gif
).

I've also seen a few PX 100s, now that I think about it.

I don't think I've seen headphone amps. AFAIK, I'm the only fool
smily_headphones1.gif
. Then again, I hardly even see people's players, since they're all tucked away

Oct 15, 2006 at 7:54 PM Post #29 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by sebascrub
Yeah, I was amazed to see them around campus here too, considering that at our local hi-fi audio store, they run at about 150 CDN, plus tax (thanks Grado
blink.gif
).

I've also seen a few PX 100s, now that I think about it.

I don't think I've seen headphone amps. AFAIK, I'm the only fool
smily_headphones1.gif
. Then again, I hardly even see people's players, since they're all tucked away

Oh man this reminds me that I have seen several PX100s and PX200s too. But you know I see more players because people like to show off
smily_headphones1.gif
They just hold their iPods in their hands, or have a necklace and just hang it there...kinda stupid if you ask me.

Oct 15, 2006 at 8:02 PM Post #30 of 41
Quote:

Oh man this reminds me that I have seen several PX100s and PX200s too. But you know I see more players because people like to show off
smily_headphones1.gif
They just hold their iPods in their hands, or have a necklace and just hang it there...kinda stupid if you ask me.

I don't see what's so stupid about it. I usually have my player in my hand as I listen, so I can easily change songs or adjust the volume etc without having to reach into my pocket all the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back