Most comfortable headphone under 50$ ?
Nov 29, 2011 at 5:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24

guillaume smith

Head-Fier
Hello everyone.

Wishing to purchase a headphone under 50$, I'd like the best compromise for comfort.
Low Ohms for PC on Asus Xonar DS.
Also, make me a list so I can propose a poll.

Please, excuse my English.
In advance, thank you.

Nov 29, 2011 at 7:39 PM Post #3 of 24
Maxell DHP-II with it's memory foam pads. About as comfortable as the Bose AE1.
Sounds very good too, but good luck finding it! It's not being made anymore and originally sold for $30.

Nov 29, 2011 at 7:56 PM Post #4 of 24
Clip-on headphones comfort is very subjective, but I can wear my KSC75 for hours and not know they are on. 

Nov 29, 2011 at 8:43 PM Post #7 of 24

Quote:

The KSC75 could be nice for me.
I could even use it to do my jogging.
60 ohms, is not it too much for an ipod?

No, its not too much.  They could fall of if you move your head enough, but for $15 I would try them.

Nov 30, 2011 at 7:09 PM Post #12 of 24
I don't think you canf ind the AD300 for under $50 can you? I got mine on sale for $36 at Wal-Mart about 6 months ago and for even $60 it's a STEAL!
It's way more comfortable than the AD700 because it's smaller and feels more secure. Still has those scratchy pads.

I prefer the sound to the AD700. Mids are more forward and sound fuller. A little less treble with more bass. Sound is also a little less detailed and less clear.
Would be the perfect budget headphone. I personally think it's worth $75 if I had to use only one open headphone under $100.

Nov 30, 2011 at 9:38 PM Post #13 of 24

Quote:
I don't think you canf ind the AD300 for under $50 can you? I got mine on sale for $36 at Wal-Mart about 6 months ago and for even $60 it's a STEAL!

eek.gif
  Wal-Mart was selling Audiotechnica AD headphones?!   Speechless...

Nov 30, 2011 at 10:04 PM Post #14 of 24

Quote:
eek.gif
  Wal-Mart was selling Audiotechnica AD headphones?!   Speechless...

It was site to store only though. I believe they even sell the HD-800.
I'd like to see the look on the cashier's face when you pick up a $1500 headphone..from Wal-Mart.

My local store sells junk. Not even some halfway decent Koss items, which is sad since they're made in the USA. Should be easier to find in larger department stores.

Dec 1, 2011 at 3:54 AM Post #15 of 24

Quote:
It was site to store only though. I believe they even sell the HD-800.
I'd like to see the look on the cashier's face when you pick up a $1500 headphone..from Wal-Mart.

My local store sells junk. Not even some halfway decent Koss items, which is sad since they're made in the USA. Should be easier to find in larger department stores.

Lol.  Buying HD800s in the self-checkout. 

My local walmart has absolute garbage.  They only Koss headphone is a $5 wrap-around ear bud thing that is junk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back