Most comfortable headphone?? Sony MDR-V6, Grado SR60, Sennheiser HD495
Oct 19, 2001 at 12:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

gredodenda

New Head-Fier
I'm looking for the most comfortable headphone???
Among these 3 headphones... I know that all of these have the BEST sound...

Sony MDR-V6, Grado SR60, Sennheiser HD495

what I need is:
1. comfort on ear
2. portability

Question: I've heard that Grado SR60 leaks the sounds alot. Is this true??? I'm need headphones for use outside. This is important to me. Please someone tell me..
Which one have the lowest leaks of sound???

thank you all
gredodenda

Oct 19, 2001 at 12:45 PM Post #2 of 7
gredodenda,

First of all, welcome to Head-Fi!

To answer your questions:

For portability, the MDR-V6 is the best of the three. It folds easily into a rather compact package. It is also the one with the least sound leakage of the three, as it's a closed design.

What you heard about the Grado is true -- it does leak sound out, and lets sound in. It's a wonderful-sounding headphone, but it is likely not your best choice for portable use.

Oct 19, 2001 at 1:17 PM Post #4 of 7
Like jude says the V6 is probably the best for portable use.

The Sennheiser HD495 is very comfortable but does leak a lot since it's an open design. Also, it needs a lot of power. My 2*10mW Sharp minidisc does quite a good job but I wouldn't want to use it with a 5mW.

Oct 19, 2001 at 2:11 PM Post #5 of 7
aside from soundleakage, the sr60 isn't too comfy either.

I'm not sure if I'd like total sound isolation when on the street, but otherwise, the V6 should do best of the three.

Oct 19, 2001 at 2:16 PM Post #6 of 7
I don't think the SR60s are good for outside use, but with a bit of bending they can be a lot more comfortable than they are generally given credit for (although then they may be too loose for portable use). What makes them really uncomfortable & a pain in the b... is the evertwisting cord and that rotating mechanism.

Legoman

Oct 19, 2001 at 5:43 PM Post #7 of 7
Like Jude said, the V6 are the most comfortable and isolate sound the best. They are also able to be easily driven from a portable.

You can also significantly improve the V6's comfort by getting a pair of the velour pads for the Beyer 250 ($18 direct from Beyer).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back