Most comfortable grado
Mar 7, 2006 at 5:41 AM Post #2 of 13
It is all about the pads. I bet the most comfortable would be the MS-1 or SR-60, because of the comfy pads. Though if you put these pads on the SR-80/125/225, HF-1, RS-1/2 it would be just a comfy, because they all weigh next to nothing. Featherweights my man. So easy on the head, you almost feel like you are not wearing headphones.

Now the SR-325/325i, MS-2/2i, and the HP-1000 series might not be as comfy from the added weight of the aluminum housings. Still I bet they don't weigh much.

IMO the bowls are very comfortable (I just can't take the sound). The flats are ok comfort wise, but sound awesome. The HD414 pad is about as comfortable as the bowls, but sound in between the bowls and the flats.

Just in case you were not aware, with Grado's it is all about the pads. They can make the headphone sound and feel completely different.

Mar 7, 2006 at 5:52 AM Post #3 of 13
The most comfortable Grado on the planet would be mine, no contest. Perfectly shaped, fit like a glove and er.. did I mention comfortable?
icon10.gif

Mar 7, 2006 at 6:08 AM Post #6 of 13
Not too sure but I guess the newer bowls are softer as I found out the bowls on my SR-325i is softer and less abrasive than my older SR-80. Hence the bowls that came with my 325i is more comfortable. But nothing beats flats.
biggrin.gif

Mar 7, 2006 at 6:11 AM Post #7 of 13
any all-plastic grado with HD414 pads, or if you're a baller, the C-pads from Xan-meister.

Mar 7, 2006 at 7:32 AM Post #9 of 13
definitely rs1/2 due to the light weight of the wood housing. the aluminum housing of the ms2/i/325i are a lot heavier than it seems and the shape of the headband can easily cause pressure hotspots on the top of your head.

Mar 7, 2006 at 11:44 AM Post #13 of 13
Have no problem with the bowls on my HF-1, although I must admit the comfies on the MS-1's are more comfortable. I haven't tried to switch them yet to check out the difference in sound. Most people seem to prefer bowls with the HF-1 so I haven't gotten around to it. Should be interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back