Most comfortable full size closed back over ear headphones under $500
Jan 18, 2018 at 2:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

markstcl

New Head-Fier
I could use some help in my quest for the perfect headphones for me. Primary use for these headphones will be for movies/videos followed by music. Portability doesn't really matter as these are for a desktop. I have an essense stx ii sound card that has a pretty solid dac/amp. Looking for closed back, over ear design. Comfort is really important as when I work I could have these on for a few hours. Want to keep it under $500. What do I get?

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2018 at 2:59 PM Post #2 of 7
Check out the Beyerdynamic DT770! Amazing bang for the buck and very comfy.

I also have the Audeze EL-8C which I really enjoy. It sounds great (to me) and is also comfortable despite it's weight. Be warned though, they seem to be a love it or hate it can.

Good luck!

Jan 19, 2018 at 8:21 AM Post #4 of 7
I could use some help in my quest for the perfect headphones for me. Primary use for these headphones will be for movies/videos followed by music. Portability doesn't really matter as these are for a desktop. I have an essense stx ii sound card that has a pretty solid dac/amp. Looking for closed back, over ear design. Comfort is really important as when I work I could have these on for a few hours. Want to keep it under $500. What do I get?

You might like the Beyerdynamic T70, i'd rate them 7/10 for comfort with the original earpads but I swapped the original earpads for Beyerdynamic T5P one's and now i'd say 10/10 for comfort. I sometimes use the T70 for gaming because it has great positional audio/soundstage and detail, this is a good thing if you like watching movies too.

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2018 at 8:28 AM Post #5 of 7
Sony MDR Z7 and Audioquest Nighthawk (semi closed/open). Both of these are super comfortable and can be found for under 500.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back