Most comfiest open back headphones
Jul 13, 2016 at 2:26 PM Post #11 of 17
I've owned the AKG Q701, several Audio-Technicas and several Sennheisers. I keep going back to the Sennheiser HD598. They are jazz masters and they almost don't feel like you're wearing them. I highly recommend them for anyone on a budget.

Either those or the Audio-Technica AD900's. They are super comfortable and incredibly lightweight with almost NO clamping force. I use the AD700's in the call center I work at (actually right now)

I will say the AD900's seem to be incredibly hard to find nowadays, and I'd consider letting mine go if the price was right.

Jul 13, 2016 at 7:42 PM Post #14 of 17
Perception of comfort varies a lot from person to person, and is largely dependent on head size, followed by ear shape, the ability to carry weight on top of head, amount of sweating, jaw strength and temple sensitivity. Still, the biggest culprits in headphones are usually clamping force and weight. The ability to stretch the headphones without breaking them, not actually to loosen the clamping force, but to widen the angle from which they are pulled apart, is very important, especially to people with large heads.

Jul 14, 2016 at 10:24 AM Post #15 of 17
  Perception of comfort varies a lot from person to person, and is largely dependent on head size, followed by ear shape, the ability to carry weight on top of head, amount of sweating, jaw strength and temple sensitivity. Still, the biggest culprits in headphones are usually clamping force and weight. The ability to stretch the headphones without breaking them, not actually to loosen the clamping force, but to widen the angle from which they are pulled apart, is very important, especially to people with large heads.

That being said, both pairs of Audio-Technicas I have owned are definitely the lightest and least fatiguing headphones to wear over hours of time. It really is almost like they are not even there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back