Most cleverly hidden tracks...
Nov 26, 2004 at 3:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

chillysalsa

Headphoneus Supremus
I understand Legion of Green Men had a track that was BEFORE track 1. So, if you just pressed play, then used the seek to rewind to a spot before 0:00, you could access that... I haven't found that disc though, but thought that would a lot better than just having a track99, or long silence at the end before the hidden track.

Any other cool finds?

Nov 26, 2004 at 3:45 AM Post #3 of 20
Thats strange... how is that the CD would be made, as I thought the CDP would pick-up the hidden track as Track 1: 0:00. Surprised thats not used more often... Or it could be that it is used quite often but no1 has the patience to test it on every CD
tongue.gif

Cheers
-jake

Nov 27, 2004 at 1:45 PM Post #6 of 20
Sister Machine Gun has the same thing on there album "Burn".

It's a industrial cover of a Door's song...I forget which one.

Nov 29, 2004 at 4:47 AM Post #7 of 20
i've never liked the extra-track-after-several-blank-tracks method of hiding -- cuz the track isn't really hidden, it's just there after a bunch of silence. ooh.

however, The Roots made good on "hiding" a couple of tracks on Phrenology (and maybe Things Fall Apart too, but i haven't listened to it in a while) --> the 2 songs were in the 'countdown' to the last track on the album, which itself was like 4 seconds of silence. you have to sit through the silence of the previous track, then much silence of the countdown and then you'd get to the 2 songs. or you could skip to the last track and then back it up, but you'd be backing up about 10 minutes.

Rahzel's 1st album had a hidden track like that, too.

and i think i read that the X-files movie soundtrack has one of those rewind-at-track-one hidden tracks.
now that's cleverly hidden -- cuz who would go and start backing up the CD at the start of track 1?!??

Nov 29, 2004 at 5:06 AM Post #8 of 20
AFI has a hidden track done that way before the first track of [Very Proud Of Ya].

Dec 18, 2004 at 1:11 AM Post #9 of 20
At the drive-in had a secret track between 2 tracks on an album, can't remember what album or what tracks though.

Dec 18, 2004 at 5:42 AM Post #10 of 20
the 9" lp (uk version) of radiohead's kid a has a hidden isolated track at the end. one has to lift the stylus and drop it into the hidden track.

Dec 18, 2004 at 5:24 PM Post #11 of 20
If I remember correctly, Nine Inch Nails has two songs on Broken that are tracks 98 and 99.

Dec 18, 2004 at 9:34 PM Post #13 of 20
They Might Be Giants' album Factory Showroom has a track like that, it's a minute (or so) long track titled Token Back to Brooklyn. I found it by accident, heh.

It eventually showed up in non-hidden form on a rarities/b-side collection which was titled They Got Lost.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back