Most Bang for Buck Setup - £250
Mar 8, 2011 at 8:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Loque

New Head-Fier
Hi all,

As of current I am storing all of my tracks on my iPhone 4 in apple lossless format, however I'm selling the phone due to it being an unreliable piece! I'm looking to switch over to something else, as of current due to my apple based set-up [I use macs all the time] I'm considering getting an iMod, or at least a 4th Gen iPod and sending it off to be modded. I'm aware that I'd need a portable amp for this, is there any that people recommend for a reasonable price - e.g. £100ish?

Alternatively is there a setup that will meet my needs for £250ish? I'm not worried about looks, or weight really - just something that sounds good.

Thanks

Mar 8, 2011 at 10:59 PM Post #2 of 6
after wondering around with a not so short list of portrables, I am now settled down with the Senn HD25-II, sometimes amped with a mini3, otherwise, directly from my zune. is pretty much perfect for me.

Mar 11, 2011 at 11:22 AM Post #3 of 6
Thanks for the response. Are the Zune's any good then? I can't say that I have really considered one, I've hear good things about HD25's mind, but I always use IEMs. 

Mar 14, 2011 at 4:01 PM Post #5 of 6
I do apologise to keep banging on about this, but I'm really rather at a loss. I'm looking around and starting to think against an iMod and leaning more to a HifiMan 601 player.

I've had no experience with them mind, I used to own an Amp3 which sounded tasty, it was just too unreliable.

I don't really care about how easy and intuitive it is to use, I just want something that I can enjoy listening to and bask in how awesome it sounds. I'm not too fussed about how it looks or how big it is, anyone have any ideas at all?

Mar 14, 2011 at 6:29 PM Post #6 of 6
Cowon X7, J3, Sony X1060(line out for external AMPs use), S:Flo 2(line out), HM-601.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back