Most appropriate EAC Lame command line for Lame 3.98.4?
Jan 1, 2012 at 3:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

wicked.ludicrous

Head-Fier
Alright, so this is really really nagging me, as I've tried looking around the Internet for the most appropriate EAC Command line for ripping into V0.

I found the following for 3.98.2:

-V 0 --add-id3v2 --pad-id3v2 --ta "%a" --tt "%t" --tg "%m" --tl "%g" --ty "%y" --tn "%n" %s %d

And I tried using it, but am not 100% if it's actually doing V0 or not. Is there a way to check? Is this the same for 3.98.4?

Jan 1, 2012 at 5:35 AM Post #2 of 4
I only have 3.98.2 at hand, but yes, -V 0 is VBR with maximum quality, and I do not think it is different in 3.98.4 since the option has been the same for a long time. For some additional quality improvement, you may also want to add -h or even -q 0 (-h is the same as -q 2, the default is -q 5).

Jan 2, 2012 at 7:01 AM Post #4 of 4
Quote:
Thanks for the tip. What does it do, though?

According to the documentation, it improves the encoding quality at the expense of making it slower. I did not extensively compare if it actually makes much (if any) audible difference in practice, though. But even at the highest quality setting, it is much faster than real time, and you only have to wait for it once, so why not ?
normal_smile%20.gif

Edit: I did a quick test and -q 0 took about 20-25% more time to encode than -q 5 (the default). But after decoding both MP3 files, the difference in the signal was not really much, either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back