Most appropriate digital output DAP for use with my external DAC
Jan 3, 2017 at 6:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Chris1975

100+ Head-Fier
Dear All,

I am pretty new to all of this so any advice is appreciated. This is the situation:

1. I have a Chord Mojo that I use with my iPad, iPhone and PC, but it is all a bit clumsy in my pocket to carry around on my commute to work and hopeless for changing tracks (see the picture!) - never mind accessing my phone for calls! (Plus, I have been told that this set up is not galvanically isolated which creates sound problems, though I'm not sure that is too important given the headphones I will use - see below)
  2. Buying the Mojo blew most of my budget so I am fairly restricted financially.
  3. I have a mixture of high def FLAC files, iTunes files and mp3s in my library. So, I am after a DAP with decent memory space (64GB at least)
  4. If this is relevant: as for headphones, for commuting I wouldn't take my AKG K7XX but only my Bower and Wilkins P5s (which are exceptionally good headphones, in my view!).

So, I am looking to get a cheapish, portable DAP with decent memory space that simply carries the digital information (no need for powerful output as my Mojo will do the rest). Any advice?

I have an old Galaxy Lte III but I don't know if it supports digital output from its micro USB. Perhaps people know? Or would you advise I get the Hidizs AP60 for my needs? Or anything else? (The iPod Touch Gen 5 or 6 128GB are out of my price range, sadly)

Thanks for any help!

Chris

(Not really a portable option)

Jan 3, 2017 at 1:14 PM Post #2 of 2
The original AK100 is a perfect match size-wise, has optical output and holds 2 microscope cards. I use 200GB SanDisk cards with mine.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back