most analogue sounding dap
Apr 16, 2023 at 1:47 PM Post #4 of 14
Hi i have a cayin n3pro and love the sound of valves but want a solid state dap with as analogue sound as possible ie like valves.

Any ideas (cheaper the better)

thanks

d
@Mhog55 is right, the M8 is superb. The Hiby RS2 is supposed to be good but it’s not solid-state. Shanling’s line-up in general should be right up your alley.

Apr 16, 2023 at 4:22 PM Post #5 of 14
Hiby RS2 would still be considered "solid state" I would think. I don't think the fact that it employs an R2R DAC would negate it's classification of being "solid state". It certianly doesn't use vacuum tubes.

Apr 24, 2023 at 12:55 AM Post #10 of 14
THank you everyone who replied but are there any cheaper alternatives as i am unhappy to spend that much on a dap with a finite (battery) life expectancy

d
Not any that I can think of that truly sound analog. If you have any music files that are ripped or downloaded from an actual album/record, that will definitely help - 24/96 or higher.

Apr 24, 2023 at 4:40 PM Post #11 of 14
Search out a used Cowon Plenue P1. Burr Brown DAC and Jet Effect for $300

Jul 26, 2023 at 6:06 AM Post #12 of 14
I will say any Sony WM1A with all its analog/record player digi-converters... the add Mr. Walkman's mods and a portable tube amp (like Oriolus, or similar) , youre going to thank me later for half the price of some of the newer daps and amp unites.

Jul 27, 2023 at 11:53 PM Post #14 of 14
The Calyx M was on my list to try, until I found it making playlists is a nightmare and there is no shuffle function for songs. Pretty inexcusable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back