Moshi Vortex earphone metal grill fell out
Sep 14, 2012 at 12:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Outrager

New Head-Fier
So a few months ago I won a pair of Moshi Vortex earphones (http://www.moshimonde.com/product/vortex.aspx) in a contest. Yesterday I took off the silicon tips to wash them. I also took a tissue to wipe off the dirt on the little metal grill since I had the tips off. Without wiping very hard the little metal grill fell out. I tried to stick it back in, but it doesn't seem to stay put. I think that even the light pressure I used to try and put it back has warped the shape of the little metal grill a little.

Here is a picture of what I'm talking about: http://imgur.com/ysjLQ

I e-mailed Moshi to ask them if I could get a replacement and got this reply:

Thank you for writing in. From time to time, if you remove the ear tips to clean time or replace them with other tips, the metal grill can be pulled out as well. It is intentional that the grill is easy to removeso that it may be cleaned in the event of ear wax build-up. However, the metal grill can securely be placed back into the ear buds if done carefully. We ask that you please try to place the grill back into the ear buds as it is not a defect. Please let us know if you require any additional assistance at this time. We're here to help.

I tried and just can't get the little metal grill to stay in place without it falling out. I don't want to have it fall out while in my ear canal. So is this normal to be able to pull this little metal grill out and put it back in? Does anyone have an suggestions on how I should put it back in?

Sep 14, 2012 at 1:04 AM Post #2 of 4
Contact Moshi for additional assistance.  If you still can't get it back in, they may replace it :wink:  

Sep 14, 2012 at 1:07 AM Post #3 of 4
Yeah, I replied to them saying I'm having a hard time getting it back in. Hopefully they replace it. My backup Brainwavz ProAlphas apparently were either messed up while being in storage or before I got the Vortex and I didn't notice. One side is louder than the other and those are out of warranty.
Just today I bought a pair of Philips SHE3575 to tide me over since the stock iPod Touch headphones I had lying around just feel so weird since they aren't in-ears.

Sep 14, 2012 at 1:10 AM Post #4 of 4
Good luck with your problem :frowning2:  

OT: The Vortex is the only headphone in the Moshi lineup I haven't heard yet :p  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back