Morse Code vs. Text Messaging
Feb 25, 2008 at 6:03 PM Post #16 of 19
See, there's a big discrepancy there in the video. Obviously these guys weren't allowed to use T9. I've wowed Jude here at the office with my text skills, but that's because I use T9, not just standard text messaging. Those guys didn't seem to be able to use T9 or any type of auto complete function. Someone with mild to mid range blackberry experience would be able to trounce the morse code guys.

I've heard old morse code vets would go insane listening to rain hitting a metal roof, finding messages from a higher being in the raindrops.

Feb 25, 2008 at 10:49 PM Post #18 of 19
i dont think the practical aspect was what they were trying to point out
wink.gif

anyway it is an extremely effective form of communication since the transcievers can be incredibly simple... the signals are easy to filter out through noise etc

Feb 26, 2008 at 12:53 AM Post #19 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1117 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wouldn't it be a requirement to still be fluent in this code for the "just-in-case" scenarios?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Born2bwire /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hahha, nice. No matter how you slice it though, it still sounds really neat.

This is precisely what I came in here to say.

Quote:

Originally Posted by joe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've heard old morse code vets would go insane listening to rain hitting a metal roof, finding messages from a higher being in the raindrops.

One of the most interesting things I've heard in a long time. And I could imagine it happening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back