More trouble with Astell&Kern AK Jr.
Jan 28, 2018 at 3:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

macdonjh

Headphoneus Supremus
Is anyone but me having trouble with their Astell&Kern Jr synching with J-River Media Center? About a month ago my AK Jr. started refusing to play some .flac files, stating the format is unsupported. Today when I loaded a new batch of songs on my Jr. it refused to play ANY of them, none of them were supported. So, I deleted everything off my Jr. and loaded a fresh set of files, .wav this time. Even with that so far, a couple of files have been refused by my Jr.

I don't know if this is an Astell&Kern/ I-River problem or a MediaCenter/ J-River problem. I'm posting help requests on those sites as well. I hope someone here can help, though.

Jan 28, 2018 at 3:41 PM Post #2 of 7
Have you tried copying the files direct onto the microsd card and then putting the card into the player? Maybe that way will help.

Jan 28, 2018 at 3:46 PM Post #3 of 7
Man, that was fast; almost like having personal tech support. No, I haven't tried that. I will though, and report back. Have you had similar trouble? Any idea why an SD card would work while the internal memory would have trouble?

Jan 28, 2018 at 3:50 PM Post #4 of 7
Nope never got into ak stuff. Either too expensive, or too many flaws. Main ones for me were lack of true gapless, and no bookmarking support.

No idea on the memory thing, but at least you will be able to eliminate one variable from the chain of events.

Jan 28, 2018 at 6:53 PM Post #5 of 7
Gapless seems to have been fixed, at least on my fairly new Jr.s. I understand what you mean about price, their top of the line players are too much for me, by a lot. I'll try the SD card...

Jan 28, 2018 at 7:48 PM Post #6 of 7
"kubig123 said:
no, I never experienced something like that, did you try to convert the files to a different format? once I couldn't play aiff files that I imported with iTunes, but once I convert them to wav I never had an issue."

Response: Almost all my files are ripped as WAV, I convert to FLAC when synching them to my players. What's really disturbing about this problem: one of my Jr.s is starting to refuse to play WAV files, too.

I'll copy this response to the other thread. I don't want to highjack this thread.

Feb 9, 2018 at 8:28 AM Post #7 of 7
Problem solved with FLAC and the AK Jr. It turns out to be a difficulty with J-River Media Center. When converting WAV to FLAC Media Center started producing some weird combination of 6 channel, 32 bit, 44.1 kHz something-something-something files that the AK didn't recognize. I went into the signal processing menu and forced 2 channel 44.1kHz output, reconverted the troublesome files and all is right with the world. Or at least the AK Jr part of the world.

Thanks to Connie at AK who gave me a couple of leads to follow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back