!More Triple Driver vs Vsonic GR07 vs Etymotic HF5
Jan 31, 2017 at 11:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Melodeath

New Head-Fier
I bought the 1More Triple Driver headphones to replace my Apple earbuds. This is my first pair of "high-quality" IEMs, and I want to love them, but I just don't. I've been using them for over a month, and they just sound so colored. There is a huge boost around 2kHz-4kHz that's very annoying/harsh to me. The lows are nice, but I feel like I can't even hear the midrange. I know what neutral sound is - I own HD600s, Shure SRH940s, and usually listen on Yamaha HS80M monitors. Based on all the reviews I found online (head-fi Amazon, etc.), I thought the 1More would be a lot more flat. I think I honestly prefer my Apple earbuds; they're not perfect (less bass), but they sound far more neutral overall (less peaky midrange, more extended highs).

I am 90% sure I'm going to return the 1More and get a pair of VSonic GR07 Classic, or the Etymotic HF5 (actually, the HF3, which from what I understand are the same but have the headset remote/mic). I am considering these because I have read from multiple sources that they have a flatter sound signature. Can anyone confirm? Has anyone compared these directly? What are your suggestions? I only use IEMs at work, while traveling, and at the gym, but I still seek the most accurate sound possible for a reasonable price. Most of the time at home I'm using my Yamahas or HD600.

Apr 29, 2017 at 2:31 PM Post #3 of 4
I bought the 1More Triple Driver headphones to replace my Apple earbuds. This is my first pair of "high-quality" IEMs, and I want to love them, but I just don't. I've been using them for over a month, and they just sound so colored. There is a huge boost around 2kHz-4kHz that's very annoying/harsh to me. The lows are nice, but I feel like I can't even hear the midrange. I know what neutral sound is - I own HD600s, Shure SRH940s, and usually listen on Yamaha HS80M monitors. Based on all the reviews I found online (head-fi Amazon, etc.), I thought the 1More would be a lot more flat. I think I honestly prefer my Apple earbuds; they're not perfect (less bass), but they sound far more neutral overall (less peaky midrange, more extended highs).

I am 90% sure I'm going to return the 1More and get a pair of VSonic GR07 Classic, or the Etymotic HF5 (actually, the HF3, which from what I understand are the same but have the headset remote/mic). I am considering these because I have read from multiple sources that they have a flatter sound signature. Can anyone confirm? Has anyone compared these directly? What are your suggestions? I only use IEMs at work, while traveling, and at the gym, but I still seek the most accurate sound possible for a reasonable price. Most of the time at home I'm using my Yamahas or HD600.
Damn, I'm planning to get a new pair of IEM, but I'm stuck between the v-moda zn and 1more triple driver. After seeing what you posted, I feel more confident towards the Zn.. there are many good reviews online about the TD but fewer for the Zn, which make it hard to compare. Thanks for sharing!

Apr 29, 2017 at 3:58 PM Post #4 of 4
I have the Ety HF5 and I like the mids. However they do have subdued bass (familiar characteristic of BA driver) and somewhat rolled off treble. This makes the sound smooth, but may be a bit too smooth. I wish they had a little more dynamics in them. I like string instruments, vocals in them, but rock or hard metal suffers. Oh, one more thing, the only way to improve the bass response is to insert deep and get a good seal, but that can be uncomfortable for some people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back