More thoughts on Super.fi 5 Pro VS SHure E4c
Jun 11, 2005 at 3:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

mchurgin

100+ Head-Fier
After a few more days of intense auditioning of both phones with various music styles, my comments from the other day that the Shures are more "Balanced" hold true. However I find them to be not only more balanced but a bit more analytical and not as much fun as the UE's. Especially after other posters recommended trying the "Jazz" Eq on the iPod.
There is a place for the Shures but the UE's are fun to listen to.

Kind of reminds me of older debates about the Shure E5's Vs. Ety's:
"Analytical vs. Fun"

The E4's were starting to be a bit fatiguing after long listening periods. I am not finding that with the UE's.

Jun 11, 2005 at 4:00 AM Post #2 of 5
Thanks for the insight.
smily_headphones1.gif

I have a few questions for you, if willing. How does the bass compare, and how do the UE's compare to the E5's? Thanks again.

Cheers,
Adam

Jun 11, 2005 at 4:28 AM Post #3 of 5
"The E4's were starting to be a bit fatiguing after long listening periods"

Can you elaborate more on that? I assume you mean the sound are more detailed and you just feel tired listening to them for long period.

Jun 11, 2005 at 9:46 AM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by solvexyz
"The E4's were starting to be a bit fatiguing after long listening periods"

Can you elaborate more on that? I assume you mean the sound are more detailed and you just feel tired listening to them for long period.

I think I mean Bothersome in the high end. Yes they are more detailed than the UE's but after time that high end starts to cause some "Fatigue" in that I dont want to listen anymore. I have experineced this in the past with: Ety's, E3c. Not with E5's or the UE's so I am attributing it to the high end. Both the E5's and UE's Super.fi's are much warmer and richer not w/o detail but not quite the high end as the others.

Jun 11, 2005 at 11:13 AM Post #5 of 5
Im having a really hard time deciding between the 5pros or e4s. I see that most if not all the detailed comparisons i have read though are of how they sound on an ipod. would u say the e4s bass would be lacking or the 5pros overwhelming on any other mp3 players like the ihp120? i also read alot about the e5cs, and was wondering if u could say that its sort of a middle ground between the two.what would you all recommend if i listen to mostly rock, trance, and classical? thanks alot

Users who are viewing this thread

Back