More spefic than just "gaming" headphones
Dec 25, 2008 at 8:02 AM Post #16 of 20
I find it interesting that almost all your choices you provided here are closed. I cannot go on with an extremely opinoinated statement as I have not used that many headphones. But from my limited experience, Open Air provided much better directional and soundstage than a closed. Just think about the headphone design and what I just said makes sense. Sound bouncing around in a closed design, would make directional and soundstage less accurate.

Anyways, I am not bashing on closed. I personally have decided to purchase a D2000 once I have decided where to buy them. But this is only because I have need for a nice closed headphones because I don't want to disturb anyone with my music. Even at low volume, my AD900s can disturb my colleague.

My Friend's Experience: He lives in NL and is lucky enough to have HD600 and a DT880 available to try. I told him to give AD900 a try. He did and never looked back. Has not regretted his decision either, and he played competitive CS 1.6 in NL since CS became competitive. That's damn long time.

Lastly you said more than just gaming, implying you will be using them for music also. I would think that should be a significant factor. If you listen to a lot of bass music, hip hop, RnB, then probably wouldn't recommend AD series. But if you listen to rock, trance, classical or vocals, I would recommend the AD series.

Games I play: TF2, L4D, COD4, and WoW. Ventrilo used at all times, music while raiding. No music w/FPS.

Dec 25, 2008 at 8:23 AM Post #17 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by demoNMaCHiN3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That review was helpful as far as confirming that i think the K701 are a great way to go, it's too bad no one has really given a review of the SA5000 as gaming headphones, though the K701 vs SA5000 thread does a great job comparing the two. thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbd2884 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I find it interesting that almost all your choices you provided here are closed.

I wouldn't say that at all, SA5000, K701, MDR F1: all open, and the ATHs come in either open or closed. that leaves the Beyerdynamics and the Denons as my closed cans listed.

Dec 25, 2008 at 8:31 AM Post #19 of 20
Gaming heaphones are generally worse than musical sounding heaphones, even for gaming. Atleast according to my experience. My friend is a sponsored COD4 player and he has been sponsored for many years now (by varying companies), so he has most gaming headphones on the market. After trying most of them I still find them lacking.

Why not concider the HD-600 or 650? Soundstage and comfort are what are most important for gaming.

Dec 25, 2008 at 8:38 AM Post #20 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ttvetjanu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Gaming heaphones are generally worse than musical sounding heaphones, even for gaming. Atleast according to my experience. My friend is a sponsored COD4 player and he has been sponsored for many years now (by varying companies), so he has most gaming headphones on the market. After trying most of them I still find them lacking.

Why not concider the HD-600 or 650? Soundstage and comfort are what are most important for gaming.

I'm not considering true to marketing "gaming headphones", if you read the first post i'm asking questions on decent headphones in my opinion. From what i have read, the HD600/650 don't offer the best performance for gaming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back