More Sensaphonic ProPhonic 2X-S pictures (low-bandwidth warning)
Apr 26, 2004 at 6:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

lindrone

King Canaling
More Sensaphonic ProPhonic 2X-S pictures

cmascatello has asked me to take some pictures of the cables of the ProPhonic 2X-S, since the new style cable is very new, and his audiologist has in fact, never even heard of it. In process of taking pictures for them, I thought I may as well take some more miscellaneous pictures...

Pictures of the whole 2X-S, drivers, wires, and everything all twirled up in as nice of an arrangement as I can make it.

A close-up of the wires, showing where the wires come together into the "pod", where there is a resistor. The wires then split into the ultra-thin wires that connects to the drivers of the 2X-S.

The left ear driver... you'll notice how I also managed to capture some of the little hair and lint that got stuck on the driver... hmm.. should've cleaned them before I photographed them. I'm too lazy
wink.gif
Look closely and it's a good shot of how the bores tunnel through the molding and reaches the balanced armature drivers inside.

Right ear driver, a close-up that shows both the driver components and some of the wires that's embedded inside the custom molding.

Another closeup of the right ear driver, this time from an angle that shows more of the twin bores that comes out of the driver. "Bores" is another word for the "sound tubes".

There's more pictures over at the original ProPhonic 2X-S review, if you missed it:
http://www5.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=67569

Apr 26, 2004 at 10:52 AM Post #2 of 8
Thanks for the sweet shots. I can not wait to get these into my hands/ears in the next week or so. I will be forwarding the link to my audiologist so that she can look at them and drop a line to Sensaphonics this AM before my ProPhonics go into production.

Keep up the good work. PLEASE do not buy anything else in the next few months -- I do not want/need any more temptation
evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

Apr 26, 2004 at 3:36 PM Post #4 of 8
Not quite. It will take something bigger than that to sway me these days. I had a busy weekend (ProPhonics and NC555ES SACD). The only thing on my radar right now is an upgrade from the XP-7 to the HR-2. I'll end up with a SuperDual when it goes to production and the SR-71 from Samuels looks interesting down the line a bit. Maybe he'll give me a combo discount on the HR-2/SR-71 package.....
biggrin.gif

Apr 26, 2004 at 5:33 PM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by lindrone
Hmm.. how 'bout sending off that 555ES to SACDmods?
smily_headphones1.gif

That is in the cards a few months from now. I want to get used to the sound of it un-modded so that I can better appreciate the upgrades. It is too bad that they can't put the ZAPFilter in this model. But, for me, the slight loss in sound quality is worth the gain of a Prog-Scan DVD player.

Apr 26, 2004 at 6:06 PM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheReaper
Ah, the fetus phones.
wink.gif

Oooh yeah..
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmascatello
That is in the cards a few months from now. I want to get used to the sound of it un-modded so that I can better appreciate the upgrades. It is too bad that they can't put the ZAPFilter in this model. But, for me, the slight loss in sound quality is worth the gain of a Prog-Scan DVD player.

Yeah, I think the trade-off for me was obviously cash
wink.gif
I definitely love my modded CE775 though..
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back