More Questions
Aug 3, 2008 at 5:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

_Spanky_

500+ Head-Fier
What is this ASIO? I downloaded something like ASIO drivers, can't really remembered what they were, but I launched the application and got an immediate BSOD. Maybe someone can enlighten me on that. I'm now starting to use foobar and I hear people like ASIO so I thought I would download the plugin but I'm sure I need more than just that.

Basically, what is it, how do I get it and what benefits does it bring.

I'm seeing this X-FI Fatality. I see that it has the x-ram, does that really do anything for the card or does it really make no difference using 64mb of your system memory? It sounds like another thing to get .2 more fps while playing games.

Thanks for your time.

Aug 3, 2008 at 6:15 PM Post #2 of 5
Aug 3, 2008 at 7:10 PM Post #3 of 5
Thanks Tiemen. Knowing how it works, I would assume this would help gamers out quite a bit, right? I guess my biggest question would be, does it support all sound cards? Unfortunately I am using onboard sound now, is that why I got the BSOD?

Aug 3, 2008 at 7:26 PM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by -Spanky- /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks Tiemen. Knowing how it works, I would assume this would help gamers out quite a bit, right? I guess my biggest question would be, does it support all sound cards? Unfortunately I am using onboard sound now, is that why I got the BSOD?

I'm really sorry Spanky, but I can't help you any further.
I use my soundcard for audio playback. I read that ASIO is good, and my soundcart (Juli@) seems to support it. But right now, that's all I know.
I suppose not every soundcard supports it. I hope other headfi-ers are willing to help you out.

Aug 3, 2008 at 9:09 PM Post #5 of 5
Thanks. I'm gonna kinda switch gears here. I just bought a X-FI Fatality XtremeGamer card on ebay. What should I do to get the best audio out of it? I think I've seen custom drivers or something. I only use a 2.1 configuration if that matters for drivers.

*EDIT*
I guess I will make a new thread for this. I've read the ASIO thread that was made (forgot the title and author), I see that the X-Fi supports it so I will check it out when I receive my X-Fi. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back