More Pics from Las Vegas
Jan 29, 2002 at 7:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Tuberoller

Divorced an Orpheus to keep his wife.
I promised more pics.Some of these are bad and others don't have comments attached.I left a second memory stick with another 330 pics on it with my notebook in my car which is again in the dealer.I will post more of those along with comments later.http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4292078209 .

Jan 29, 2002 at 2:50 PM Post #2 of 13
The third picture in the collection made me pee my pants.
Thanks for sharing with us roller. You know, I'm going to attend a CES meeting one of these days...
rolleyes.gif

Jan 29, 2002 at 3:10 PM Post #3 of 13
Very nice, thanks!

Jan 29, 2002 at 4:33 PM Post #5 of 13
Quote:

Originally posted by Audio&Me
The third picture in the collection made me pee my pants.

I avoided looking at it -- I didn't want to wet myself.

Thanks for posting the pics, Tuberoller.

Jan 29, 2002 at 6:29 PM Post #6 of 13
My camera is a Sony DSC-85.It is fine,my photography skills suck.My wife took most of the 300 or so other pics,I promise they look much better.there are also some of her and the woman from Phillips sitting around drinking cocktails,those are too hot.Just wait.

Jan 29, 2002 at 6:50 PM Post #7 of 13
BTW,the reason I mentioned the 53 Panasonic portables(12 were MP3players)is to emphasize the point that Philips only had 3 players and no headphones.When I mentioned that the Philips rep told me they were not importing any portable audio electronics and would discontinue the ones that are currently in production I got jumped all over by guys here.My wife and I had more than a few words with this woman,we talked with her for over an hour and my wife had drinks with her.I was actually trying to find out if I could bring the phones into the US through some type of back door deal.I have since talked to other Philips USA reps that will not confirm or deny any of this,so other than hearing that from her,reading several press releases stating cutbacks in Philips' product line and workforce,and not being able to get these phones anywhere due to short supply until recently,I don't know.If I'm wrong about this (I really hope I am)I take no blame other than repeating what I've heard,saw and read.

Jan 29, 2002 at 7:04 PM Post #8 of 13
Over the years Philips has been famous for entering a product category with some innovative products, then abandonding that market segment a year or two later. I think it's because they concentrate on R&D ( the royalties from the compact cassette for instance, added to their bottom line for years with minimal effort on their part) and consider product marketing secondary.

In Canada during the 80's and 90's they entered, then abandoned, then re-entered, then abandoned again, the consumer electronics market several times.

Jan 29, 2002 at 7:20 PM Post #9 of 13
oh man, those avantgarde horns (#21) look great!

by the way, that was a little too much information on #26.
wink.gif

Jan 29, 2002 at 9:28 PM Post #11 of 13
Cool, thanks for sharing all those pics, now...i really can't wait for the audio show over here in NYC. About your camera, did you use the flash the whole time?

Jan 30, 2002 at 12:26 AM Post #12 of 13
Thanks for all of the pictures and comments, Tuberoller!

I couldn't make out the SET amps that were pictured with the Avantgarde horns; do you remember what they were?

Good luck on your business!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back