more movies like
Apr 7, 2010 at 2:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

moriez

Headphoneus Supremus
the break-up
the hangover
the wedding crashers

Had good laughs over these particular 3 and in need of more like it. Try not posting just any movie you thought was funny please.

Thanks boys

Apr 7, 2010 at 4:18 PM Post #4 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by DanielCox /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A Clockwork Orange is hilarious. I reckon you'd like it - very similar to those films and stars Will Ferrell.

Pssh, right. As if any of Kubrick's romantic comedies could hold a candle to these three classics.

Apr 7, 2010 at 4:40 PM Post #5 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by moriez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the wedding crashers

I loved that movie. It was the epitome of Vaughn as far as I'm concerned. That little squint in his eyes after a line - priceelss. If forced to name one cat I'd want to go merrily drinking with. He would be the one.

IF you're looking for, a classic boys will be boys comedy, check out Bachelor Party with Tom Hanks.

For anything current, just trace the listed movies cast though IMDB for usual suspects like Old School etc.

Apr 7, 2010 at 4:55 PM Post #6 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by virometal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That little squint in his eyes after a line - priceelss.

That exactly! I caught myself a couple of times having copied his squint
biggrin.gif

Apr 7, 2010 at 5:59 PM Post #9 of 19
In descending order of likelihood of you finding them awesome (IMO): Knocked Up, Old School, The 40-Year Old Virgin (these first three should all be home runs), Superbad, Forgetting Sarah Marshall, Nick & Norah's Ultimate Playlist - then slightly goofier stuff like Zoolander, Starsky & Hutch, Dodgeball (the last two also have Vince Vaughn).

Edit: Swingers might be worth a look too, another Vince Vaughn classic (although I thought he was really the only funny part of an otherwise overrated movie... I know I threaten to get beaten for saying that...)

Apr 7, 2010 at 10:40 PM Post #11 of 19
superbad, role models, Adventureland, 500 days of summer

hmmm I thought tropic thunder was embarrassingly offensive. I felt bad for the world for it's existence.

Apr 8, 2010 at 9:13 AM Post #12 of 19
Forgetting Sarah Marshall and Tropic Thunder are one of the funniest films I have seen recently.

Apr 8, 2010 at 11:36 AM Post #13 of 19
I think AmanGeorge is right on the money with his list (except maybe Nick & Norah).

Apr 8, 2010 at 1:24 PM Post #15 of 19
I have a great feeling you'll like " You, Me and Dupree". I a bit hesitant to recommend "A night at the roxbury" since you've said not just any funny movie but its the funniest movie that I've seen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back