More Lockdowns
Dec 13, 2020 at 9:52 AM Post #16 of 41
I'm not planning to get the vaccine. Australia had to abandon one of theirs due to HIV positive results (https://news.yahoo.com/covid-australian-vaccine-abandoned-over-022048650.html). Don't want to get it and find out the one in the USA is the same LOL.

Edit: I'm totally against lock downs too. If masks and social distancing work, why have lock downs? Also, lock downs appear to be a way for egotistical, power hungry government officials to control their constituents. No thanks. Give me liberty or give me death.

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2020 at 11:45 PM Post #18 of 41
After the pandemic, do not throw away your masks. They’re great for winter weather and can function as a face scarf. Great for walking in the snow and icy wind.

Dec 17, 2020 at 8:08 AM Post #19 of 41
I'm not planning to get the vaccine. Australia had to abandon one of theirs due to HIV positive results (https://news.yahoo.com/covid-australian-vaccine-abandoned-over-022048650.html). Don't want to get it and find out the one in the USA is the same LOL.

Edit: I'm totally against lock downs too. If masks and social distancing work, why have lock downs? Also, lock downs appear to be a way for egotistical, power hungry government officials to control their constituents. No thanks. Give me liberty or give me death.

If you're against lockdowns then you should be planning to get the vaccine when it's available to you. Herd immunity is the only way to make sure lockdowns aren't necessary in the future and it's only possible through vaccination.

All I can say is to please research the science more (from reputable scientific sources, not random sources on Facebook, YouTube, etc.). Masks and social distancing were never claimed to be 100% effective alone, they're only meant to lower the transmission rate. Lock downs are also necessary when the rates get high enough and begin to overwhlem the medical system.

If you know any nurses or doctors please ask them what they're experiencing right now as the rates are going up, the hospitals are reaching capacity and they're watching people die alone with no loved ones allowed to be there to comfort them.

Selfish, anti-scientific attitudes are only gonna doom us all to more of this.

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2020 at 5:11 AM Post #22 of 41
Italy’s government has called on residents not to host people from other households during the holidays. A maximum of two visitors will be allowed, not counting children younger than 14. Honestly I'm not upset as I am too busy working on a huge project together with the guys from https://pickwriters.com/game-localization-services . Personally I haven't plan to leave my home to celebrate Christmas. Each of us will have to spend Christmas at our own home and this is great

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2020 at 8:58 AM Post #24 of 41
This year we had no Christmas concerts, less Christmas hype, etc,....

I think many people secretly liked the absence of all these events. Historically, Christmas used to be more low key in past eras before our lifetimes.

Maybe Christmas is actually overrated?

Dec 26, 2020 at 9:04 AM Post #25 of 41
This year we had no Christmas concerts, less Christmas hype, etc,....

I think many people secretly liked the absence of all these events. Historically, Christmas used to be more low key in past eras before our lifetimes.

Maybe Christmas is actually overrated?

Problems bring new solutions. New year celebrations and some concerts are planned as online. And I agree with lowkey and overrating. Money lies beneath all IMO.

Jan 1, 2021 at 11:35 AM Post #26 of 41
The one great thing about lockdown is that my cooking has improved. I’m making quality dishes on the level of cafe/eateries that you would find in New York. But in order to do that, you need to have access to high quality food markets and food stores representing other cultures. The right ingredients can make a difference

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2021 at 2:51 PM Post #27 of 41
Can’t wait to get my dose.....sometime this year or next year

9B3B1689-BF7C-49F1-9204-001F742ECC0F.jpeg

Feb 1, 2021 at 12:46 PM Post #28 of 41
While I don’t fully recommend going to restaurants I did manage to eat at an empty restaurant. I was the only customer.
It was nice to eat inside since it was cold outside.

FE41DCE9-0601-4A82-B1D1-A79C2F869324.jpeg

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2021 at 10:36 PM Post #30 of 41
Well it looks like there is light at the end of the tunnel.

I have been going to restaurants more now.....but of course, I’m cautious and eat at places that have large spaces and tables spread out. If it’s a small restaurant I will go when it’s mostly empty.

People are happy. I can tell they are smiling through their eyes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back