More kudos for Etymotic Research (and HR)
Feb 14, 2002 at 1:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Bhasi

New Head-Fier
Forgive me, please, for another unnecessary paean to the ER-4Ss:

A week or so after receiving them, I finally got a seat this morning on the London Underground for the daily 30-minute ride to work, and so was able to try them out with the - also newly arrived - Total AirHead.
I was slightly apprehensive, having only tried them previously in quieter domestic surroundings, where breathing and microphonics had seemed obtrusive.
This morning, though, used for their intended purpose, the results were verging on the spectacular. Insulation was just right, i.e. neither too much nor too little, and the clarity of a favourite Naxos recording* was such that the music was what held my attention all the way (rather than the 'sound').
Great products, then, even if - for their size - they seem to cost an arm and a leg! Highly recommended.

*J A Benda: Sinfonias 1-6, Prague CO, cond. C Benda

Feb 14, 2002 at 4:55 PM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Originally posted by freeflight
Now if they could produce more 4P.

Is Headroom sold out of 4Ps again? I think I'll check to see if they are publicly held. I might just call my broker.

Feb 14, 2002 at 5:01 PM Post #5 of 6
Bhasi, glad they work well on the tube for you. I'm also a frequent london Underground traveller, and have been researching the same setup as yours (ER-4S and Total Airhead) in the hope of a little sanity on my commutes. However, I'm curious, how much did they sting you for in duty?

Feb 14, 2002 at 5:16 PM Post #6 of 6
Hi fellow-sufferer, Duff!

I'm almost embarrassed to admit this in a public forum, but the package came through via FedEx with nothing extra to pay! (I was budgeting an extra 25% as that's what I had to pay for my nOrh SM6.1 speakers from Thailand last summer.) Maybe it had something to do with the lightness of the box.
So, good luck if you do take the plunge.

Bhasi.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back