More knobs to rumple and fetish...
Aug 1, 2003 at 11:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

erix

500+ Head-Fier
Dig This

Img77.jpg

Made for guitars but, at 3/4" x 1", they'll work dandy on a smaller-cased amp. Looks like they'll do custom sizes as well.

Img67.gif

Img42.jpg

Who'll be the first?
wink.gif

ok,
erix

Aug 1, 2003 at 12:04 PM Post #2 of 9
Is that really MOP inlay on the first knob? Beautiful!

The third is very nice as well- I can't tell if it's phenolic or ebony with the lighter inlaid cap, but it's very attractive. Is it a collet-fitted knob by any chance, or do you know?

edit: these knob threads are beginning to resemble the PSU **** threads
redface.gif

Aug 2, 2003 at 2:44 AM Post #5 of 9
Erix has a nice redwood burl case he made that these would fit perfectly on, but I think he said he loves it too much to cut it up and put an amp inside.

I coooould go with one of these, for a burl humidor I got(for pics, see my RA-1C thread titled 'will this work?')

I emailed about quotes for:

2.5"d x 1"h

1.5"d x .75"h

afzelia burl, with two set screws and

purpleheart indicator
abalone indicator

So, 4 quotes in all.
I might post them on here when I get them back.

Aug 3, 2003 at 5:31 PM Post #7 of 9
I think they'd be out of place on a Hammond box for sure... but if the box or faceplate was birch or alder, with a darker knob, it would be nice, IMO.

Squalish- I reconize your avatar from the perpetual photochopping thread on ars. Scary! I have another that is basically the love-child of Harrison Ford and Lara Flynn-Boyle. Also frightening.

Aug 3, 2003 at 7:54 PM Post #8 of 9
nice looking knobs!!
Its good to hear from u again, erix.

Aug 4, 2003 at 1:44 PM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally posted by Squalish
Erix has a nice redwood burl case he made that these would fit perfectly on, but I think he said he loves it too much to cut it up and put an amp inside.

Heh,

Actually it went under the knife last Friday. I'm stuffing an EL2008 amp in it. Stay tuned for pics!

ok,
erix

Users who are viewing this thread

Back