More durable cables for HD600/650?
May 10, 2015 at 3:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

DarthFader

100+ Head-Fier
I'm not expecting magical transformations in sound quality. I'd just like some recs for affordable cables that are more durable than the flimsy stock cable. A quick search didn't turn up any threads directly on point but if this has already been answered then please point me to the right place.

May 11, 2015 at 6:51 PM Post #4 of 5
  You're unhappy with the 650 cable as well? It's twice the cable the 600 cable is in terms of solidity. You can always slap a 650 cable on your 600.

I didn't realize there was a major difference between the two. I have the 600s (as you probably gathered). I'll have to check that out.

May 12, 2015 at 11:36 PM Post #5 of 5
I am someone who switched my HD600 cable to the HD650 one, after I experienced a loose connection on the left channel. The HD650 cable is thicker, and the contacts fit tighter into the headphone sockets. Also, the HD650 plug is 1/4", which removed the need for an adapter. The signal dropouts on the left channel were reduced almost to zero, but I had to apply De-Oxit and De-Oxit Gold to completely cure the problem. At the same time, I also purchased new ear pads and a headband pad, so they are like new again, but with an upgraded cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back