More BINAURAL fun! Chicago's Magnificent Mile!
Jun 20, 2002 at 10:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Phloodpants

Head-Fier
Just did this one today around lunchtime.

http://www.hoppehome.com/binaural/06...icent Mile.mp3
Warning: 22MB!

Again, you must use headphones for this! The better they are, the more realistic this will sound.

It starts out with me walking up to the corner of Michigan and Ohio. I stand there for a while as cars go whizzing by, and pedestrians mill around me and talk. There is a traffic cop ahead and to my right in the middle of the intersection. I'm standing close to the curb and at one point a bus passes in front of me. You can really hear the reflections off buildings!

I should've taken my own picture, but here is the same corner. I was standing by the building on the left with the rounded corner, facing into the street.
magmile.jpg

I then take a stroll a few blocks up Michigan Ave. It's a hot day and there are lots of businesspeople and tourists about.

I am making a bit of commentary along the way, but it gets drowned out mostly.

There is a homeless man selling "Streetwise". (a newspaper produced by the homeless) He's seems to be suffering from schizophrenia. I think his mantra is "streetwise" sped up about a thousand times. What the "chorus" of his chant is, I can't tell. Speculation anyone? Whatever it is, it makes a good beat and if anyone is an electronic music artist, have at it!

I then walk across the street to the east side and walk back to Ohio Street.

Jun 21, 2002 at 6:15 PM Post #2 of 6
That was cool! My 15 year old daughter really got a kick from that as well.How do you make these recordings?My daughter attends the loop campus of U 0f C lab and she walks around the downtown a lot.You should try this getting abord an el train or going down one of of the sub stations.It would also be cool to do this driving a fire engine.Did I say that was so cool.I would love to record a high speed blast on my Buell motorcycle through Hubbard's cave or along Northern Lake Shore Drive.that was great.You gotta tell me what equipment you used so I can do this myself.the pic adds to the effect.you did a great job man.

Jun 21, 2002 at 7:27 PM Post #4 of 6
i am a HUGE fan of your last work and i can't wait for this one to finish downloading. i really want to play it for some co-workers and see what they think of it. i think after you make a few more you should release an album of them all! i'd certainly buy it. anyway, keep up the great work!

Jun 22, 2002 at 7:18 PM Post #5 of 6
I think you are developing a fan club here!
biggrin.gif
Another cool "track" ... Kinda wierd how well the effect works. My fiancee is officially spooked now. (That's a good thing though!)

I'm hoping to get the equipment setup to do a run at this in New Orleans. I'm leaving on my honeymoon in 3 weeks though and the time is a little tight. Anywho, great stuff.

Jun 22, 2002 at 11:44 PM Post #6 of 6
This is the first binaural recording ive ever heard and i think i can basically sum it up in one word "WOW" i thought 5 point surround sound was good but i seriously think this is better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back