More Bass than a W3?
Feb 3, 2009 at 8:20 AM Post #4 of 20
I just got my SE530's and although im happy with them the bass is still not enough for me, so IE8 the next step, anywhere that sells them for round $300?

Feb 3, 2009 at 8:23 AM Post #5 of 20
I haven't heard the W3 or se530, but the IE8s have a bass knob, which at the lowest setting has plenty of bass for my. From what I have read the Atrios have excellent bass, but I haven't seen a comparison (that would be interesting).

The IE8s sound fantastic to me, and the soundstage is very wide, possibly the widest for an IEM if that matters to you.

Feb 3, 2009 at 8:34 AM Post #6 of 20
The IE8 has defo got more/better bass than the 530's, and I love my 530's bass
biggrin.gif

Feb 3, 2009 at 5:23 PM Post #8 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by rsatmans /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for the replies. I can personally say that the difference in bass between the W3 and the SE530 is huge. The westone wins no contest. Has anyone had any experience with both the IE8 and W3?

whats so ''huge'' about the difference?? many consider the se530 to over emphasise the bass a little so any more would be overkill no?

i personally crave more bass, but i found my downfall was my cowon D2 not the shures as a friends ipod rocked me with nice bass that i was very upset about.

edit: i should point out im very close to purchasing the W3 so please do tell me some good news! and where is a good place to purchase because at the mo ive only seen a fair price on ebay.

Feb 3, 2009 at 6:44 PM Post #11 of 20
Quote:

I am a basshead. The bass on W3 has allot more oomph to it in comparison to se530. It is a very big step up. However, the se530 mids are better. My personal opinion is W3 for highs and lows and se530 for mids.

That about sums it up...and is what makes the W3 the more exciting IEM to listen to (more dynamic range).

Feb 3, 2009 at 8:24 PM Post #12 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by MythNoob /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just got my SE530's and although im happy with them the bass is still not enough for me, so IE8 the next step, anywhere that sells them for round $300?

Hi - I ordered mine from Amazon.co.uk for a little under $300 shipped to my house.

This site NCIXUS.com - Great Technology, Selection and Service. supposedly had them for under $250 but it appears to be sold out.

I can't stop listening to them!

Feb 4, 2009 at 1:35 AM Post #14 of 20
Better bass? Use the standard comply with W3, huge improvement over slim or short comply or silicons. and they're cheap

Feb 4, 2009 at 1:39 AM Post #15 of 20
Quote:

Thanks for the replies. I can personally say that the difference in bass between the W3 and the SE530 is huge. The westone wins no contest. Has anyone had any experience with both the IE8 and W3?

I have both. and W3 for me is better overall. just lacks a little richness of the mid comparing to um2 or se530 IMO. But that's just being very picky

but I noticed se530 is certainly a better recognized earphone out there.
"oh, you have the shures" people say. Haha, then you feel rich wearing them

Users who are viewing this thread

Back