More bass slam: ZMF Aeolus or Focal Clear?
Sep 14, 2023 at 2:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

cactus_farmer

1000+ Head-Fier
Which of these two dynamic driver headphones gives the most bass impact, physicality, tactility and slam?

By those qualities I mean slam independent of volume or level - i.e. even when the headphone is playing at whisper-quiet decibel levels, the force of the bass slam should be able to give you a headache.

Which of those headphones does it better?

Or is there anything that does it even better in that price range? Preferably not just the Hifiman HE6, because you can't find that anywhere even used these days...

Sep 14, 2023 at 7:00 AM Post #2 of 6
By those qualities I mean slam independent of volume or level - i.e. even when the headphone is playing at whisper-quiet decibel levels, the force of the bass slam should be able to give you a headache.
Focal

Sep 14, 2023 at 3:12 PM Post #3 of 6
Which of these two dynamic driver headphones gives the most bass impact, physicality, tactility and slam?

Which of those headphones does it better?

Or is there anything that does it even better in that price range? Preferably not just the Hifiman HE6, because you can't find that anywhere even used these days...
Clearly (🤣😖), Focal Clear. If the Dekoni fenestrated sheepskin earpads are used, even more so. [PS - I have both Aeolus, Clear OG.]

Sep 16, 2023 at 6:16 PM Post #4 of 6
Focal Clear but I vastly prefer Aeolus. It's not even close.

Clear is pretty analytical and every unit I've heard clips with a sub bass boost applied.

Aeolus on the right chain is magic. HA-3A for example is bonkers.

The best Focal headphone for the sound that you're looking for is the Radiance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back