More bass does not mean better bass!
Apr 8, 2013 at 5:55 AM Post #31 of 38
I personly prefers my highs and Mids to bloated bass, so my current phone is a KRK, which is EXTREAMLEY bass light but has tight contolled bass but as said if I am listening to bassy track like something from pendulum or enter shkari or similar I just set my mp3 to basy EQ setting and I have loads of nice tight kicking bass, even the most bass light headphones can give out a bass kick, so I think the quality of the bass over the quantity matter far more or at least it me anyways...

Currently listening to pendulum with a bass light phone and its somehow putting out more QUNITY AND QUALITY bass than my old XD200 bass phones, all it needed was a bit of EQing.

Apr 8, 2013 at 9:17 AM Post #32 of 38
I only listen to treble in my music.  I turn the mids and bass to 0 on my EQ settings, and the treble to 10.  Sounds amazing!!!

Apr 8, 2013 at 2:37 PM Post #33 of 38
Quote:

What you have said is "good bass" and "sound better" but good bass and better sound are nothing more than personal preference.

Sure, if you don't know the difference between good and bad sound..

Apr 8, 2013 at 4:40 PM Post #34 of 38
Quote:

Sure, if you don't know the difference between good and bad sound..

Again, it IS actually preference, it is just that we have reference while some people's point of view is skewed.

Apr 8, 2013 at 5:20 PM Post #35 of 38
Quote:
Again, it IS actually preference,

No it's not. Just like stereo vs mono or flac vs mp3 or old golf vs new one 
biggrin.gif

Apr 8, 2013 at 5:23 PM Post #36 of 38
People can actually choose bad over good sound. It is wierd but it's still a choice.
Its just that we are generally inclined to a better sound.

Apr 8, 2013 at 5:37 PM Post #37 of 38
In your theory EVERYTHING is dependant on preference. You discount all improvements-inventions made over decades.

Let's just seperate things purely dependant on preference: neutral / warm / dark sound, design etc.. 

And things, which are simply better or worse, if someone chooses worse over better, he's, well... 
biggrin.gif
. we can always see some people talking  nonsense on any kind of topic. it's just that the lack of knowledge/experience doesn't make something a preference.. One can very much choose crappy build quality over well-built thing. 
biggrin.gif

Apr 8, 2013 at 6:14 PM Post #38 of 38
Quote:
In your theory EVERYTHING is dependant on preference. You discount all improvements-inventions made over decades.

Let's just seperate things purely dependant on preference: neutral / warm / dark sound, design etc.. 

And things, which are simply better or worse, if someone chooses worse over better, he's, well... 
biggrin.gif
. we can always see some people talking  nonsense on any kind of topic. it's just that the lack of knowledge/experience doesn't make something a preference.. One can very much choose crappy build quality over well-built thing. 
biggrin.gif

The improvements that was made over the decades sure hasn't made its way into the bassy boomy mess the popular headphones has
tongue.gif

Well if they choose crap over nice stuff means that their reference is skewed probably due to wrong or lack of information as you stated which affects their preference
rolleyes.gif
(eg: over the top bass reminds me of expensive audio gear, it MUST be good!)
Like how most of the guys here prefer tight clean bass over through the roof muddy bass while it's opposite everywhere else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back