More balanced cans?
Nov 16, 2008 at 9:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

mikeg88

Head-Fier
Can we expect to see balanced options in some of the more recent brands HeadRoom has picked up? Like Denons or ATs? Is that something HeadRoom would consider, or even begin to setup sales options for...or is it still a long way off/ not gonna happen? I guess the current balanced offerings are all really strong, open headphone contenders - not easily beaten once balanced...
What say you?

Nov 16, 2008 at 6:51 PM Post #2 of 4
If I remember correctly, the main issue was getting approval from the manufacturers so the after-market mods wouldn't void the warranty. There's some other companies balancing the Denons if you don't mind losing your warranty.

Nov 16, 2008 at 8:07 PM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by mackman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If I remember correctly, the main issue was getting approval from the manufacturers so the after-market mods wouldn't void the warranty. There's some other companies balancing the Denons if you don't mind losing your warranty.

That's what I'd heard. I suspect they're waiting on comfirmation from Denon in order to set up balancing for the D5000/7000, though I wonder how much the Dxxxx benefit from balanced operation -- haven't heard any.

o

Nov 17, 2008 at 4:07 PM Post #4 of 4
It's looking like Denon is going to take a long time to make up their minds on this issue and that we may just go ahead and start doing it.

Denons for sure, ATs haven't heard yet, but I'm sure we're workinig in that direction.

Stay tuned, you'll here it here first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back