Mordaunt-Short Surround Package...Good Price?
Jul 6, 2006 at 9:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

B-side J

100+ Head-Fier
Hey Guys/Gals,

I'm looking into buying some ne speakers and have a few questions. First of all I was at a "Hi-hi" (more like TV) shop today and was looking for good floorstanding loudspeakers. My intention was to buy a decent set of speakers and poweramp because I already have a nice surround system. Anyways long story short, I was looking at some M-S 906s which are $1200 CAD and I asked the Rep if he could put a package together. So he says he can to the 907w sub, 906 fronts, 905ic Center, and 903s Surrounds for $2000! That's seems to be a damn good deal compared to the $1200 for the Fronts alown!?
And to top it off he said e would give me $100 off a Camridge 540R receiver ($600)

So next thing is are these speaker any good for music? I read that they are designed for movie audio.

Would I be better off take that $2600+tax and buying a poweramp and Two good loudspeakers? Well acctualy I was planning on spending about $1500, but if I was to get a 5.1 package i would sell my old one to make up the difference.

If you think I would be better off with a 2 channel system what would you reccomend? I listen to Rock Jazz hip-hop and Breaks. I'll be useing an Opera Con. Ref 2.2 CDP and my RP 33 as a Pre (the CDP has a Preamp feature as well).

Sorry for the long post but any help would be great. I know some will say go with your ears but I think its way to hard to judge until the system is in the room it's going to "live" in.

Thanks a Million.

Jeremy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back