MORA : Sony`s online high-res music site, starting October 17, 2013.
Sep 27, 2013 at 12:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Dopaminer

Member of the Trade: Audio Dopamine
I just created my account and am looking forward to what this site can provide in DSD or other high res downloads. . .  

If anyone else is interested and/or knowledgeable regarding this new service, let`s share the info !  

David

Sep 27, 2013 at 5:02 AM Post #2 of 4
I`m already unsure of two fundamental issues :  the software requirements they show on the site are all Microsoft Windows; I`m not seeing any Mac, but then Mac OS doesn`t need any specialized dowloads....

Also not sure of player compatibility: the new zx1 Walkman is out this year here but it`s showing at 75k JPY or around 750 USD.    

Mar 10, 2014 at 2:36 AM Post #3 of 4
Just started looking into this, as I'm back in Tokyo and noticed the remaster of Utada Hikaru's First Love album was available in 96/24 and all the Sony products pushing high rez (e.g., PHA-2). Unfortunately, all my gear, including laptop (just brought the iPad and IEMs), is in the States. Looks interesting but very limited. Also need to reconsider system configs as everything I have can handle high rez, but not sure I have the best transport or DACs to take advantage of it.

Anyone have much luck?

Apr 27, 2015 at 10:41 PM Post #4 of 4
Sorry to bump but I would like to know if there was another thing similar to this for the states. I made an account but putting my payment information is a real hassle because of the language barrier (and because of this "single byte" name thing). I would like to get some hi-res Japanese music on board.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back