Moondrop Starfield vs BQEYZ Spring 2 vs FiiO FH3?
Sep 20, 2020 at 10:25 PM Post #2 of 15
Out of those 3, I’ve only heard the FH3. With you using the word “neutral”, I don’t think it is what you’re looking for. Your description actually fits the Tin HiFi T2 Plus really well. The NF Audio NM2 or NM2+ and the Etymotic ER2XR are also considerations. I’ll let others comment on the other 2 IEMs.

Sep 21, 2020 at 3:25 PM Post #3 of 15
Out of those 3, I’ve only heard the FH3. With you using the word “neutral”, I don’t think it is what you’re looking for. Your description actually fits the Tin HiFi T2 Plus really well. The NF Audio NM2 or NM2+ and the Etymotic ER2XR are also considerations. I’ll let others comment on the other 2 IEMs.
Mhm, I'm out of words to describe my preferred sound signature, thank you for understanding. The Er2xr got the most recommendation. I'll surely check that out.

Sep 21, 2020 at 8:10 PM Post #4 of 15
Mhm, I'm out of words to describe my preferred sound signature, thank you for understanding. The Er2xr got the most recommendation. I'll surely check that out.
The ER2XR can function as a reference IEM. It is neutral, but with some bass boost to make it more enjoyable, but it is very tastefully done. The catch is that it is designed to be inserted deep in your ear canal. With the stock triple flange ear tips, the isolation is pretty much the best you can get with a universal IEM. If you don’t like the deep insertion aspect, there are other options with single flange ear tips or foam ear tips.

Sep 22, 2020 at 9:08 PM Post #5 of 15
The ER2XR can function as a reference IEM. It is neutral, but with some bass boost to make it more enjoyable, but it is very tastefully done. The catch is that it is designed to be inserted deep in your ear canal. With the stock triple flange ear tips, the isolation is pretty much the best you can get with a universal IEM. If you don’t like the deep insertion aspect, there are other options with single flange ear tips or foam ear tips.
With any of the Etys if I can get a set of tips that seals well, I probably would appreciate the bass better, but Ety signature without thump just doesn't sound right to me. People keep associating the word neutral with no bass. Not in my definition. Perhaps those people will change their mind if they experience bass quantity that's quality.

What they did recently I dislike is the new design of the triple flanges which doesn't seal as well as the older production types. I know, I know, how can triple flanges not seal so well you ask... I played around with the seal a bit, and I can tell I can squeeze out some bass with the right seal. So Etys are a no go for me.

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2020 at 9:11 PM Post #6 of 15
With any of the Etys if I can get a set of tips that seals well, I probably would appreciate the bass better, but Ety signature with thump just doesn't sound right to me. People keep associating the word neutral with no bass. Not in my definition.
I get quite good bass with both the ER3XR and ER2XR. The ER2XR has a good amount of sub bass rumble.

Mar 3, 2021 at 10:22 AM Post #7 of 15
May I ask if you know how the NM2s compare to the FH3s,and the tapes? Searching for a good pair of allrounder IEMs in the 0 to around 100 euro price bracket.

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2021 at 4:02 AM Post #8 of 15
Unless the ER2XR are substantially different than the ER4XR in presentation, I don't agree with this at all.

Mar 8, 2021 at 6:34 PM Post #9 of 15
Out of the ones you mentioned I've heard the FH3 and Starfield. The Starfield are more neutral, but I personally found them too boring. I love the FH3 for the bass, but they're not really neutral. IMO, I see the FH3 as something that's a part of a collection, while the Starfield is more of an all-rounder.

Mar 9, 2021 at 6:36 AM Post #10 of 15
Out of the ones you mentioned I've heard the FH3 and Starfield. The Starfield are more neutral, but I personally found them too boring. I love the FH3 for the bass, but they're not really neutral. IMO, I see the FH3 as something that's a part of a collection, while the Starfield is more of an all-rounder.
Which would you say had better bass extension/ quality? Also was treble extension on par in your opinion?

Mar 9, 2021 at 6:50 AM Post #11 of 15
Which would you say had better bass extension/ quality? Also was treble extension on par in your opinion?
Disclaimer: I don't have the Starfield anymore so I need to compare from memory.
I think the bass of the FH3 is much better. In terms of treble I think the Starfield was better. So I would describe the Starfield as a jack of all trades, it didn't sound bad on anything that I listen to. However, everything I listen to I found to sound better on either the FH3 or the T2, and since I wasn't looking for only one IEM I would never use the Starfield except for comparisons. If I, when I still had the Starfield, had to choose one IEM and throw out the others, I might have picked the Starfield.

Mar 9, 2021 at 7:00 AM Post #12 of 15
Disclaimer: I don't have the Starfield anymore so I need to compare from memory.
I think the bass of the FH3 is much better. In terms of treble I think the Starfield was better. So I would describe the Starfield as a jack of all trades, it didn't sound bad on anything that I listen to. However, everything I listen to I found to sound better on either the FH3 or the T2, and since I wasn't looking for only one IEM I would never use the Starfield except for comparisons. If I, when I still had the Starfield, had to choose one IEM and throw out the others, I might have picked the Starfield.
Great info. thanks!
P.s. You wouldn't happen to be the same Martward from Hifiguides, would you? lol

Jun 20, 2021 at 11:53 PM Post #15 of 15
Fiio FH3 just has most bass and sub bass is on point quantity and quality wise. Its intimate sounding so you can feel bass.

BQEYEZ Spring 2 sub bass is ok. Its more for acoustic songs

Starfield is neutral its sub bass is decent, it has rumble depending on song but its a bit boomy. Spinfit CP100 makes it more boomy, CP145 makes it less boomy.

Out of the 3 your best bet is FH3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back