"Moondrop CHU" vs "KZ ZS10 Pro X" or other

Which would you chose (please write in the thread why)

• Moondrop CHU

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • KZ ZS10 PRO X

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Other (write in thread)

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • KZ ZN10 PRO X

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Nov 10, 2022 at 8:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

vampire666

100+ Head-Fier
EDIT: the "KZ ZN10 PRO X" in the poll is a mistake, it doesn't exist

Hi there!
I am looking to buy a cheap set of IEM's to replace my damaged Xiaomi Piston 3 and I narrowed it down to two models, the Moondrop Chu (20$) and the KZ ZS10 Pro X (30$)
The Moondrop Chu caught my attention from one of Crinacle's video reviews on Youtube and basically he says that it's a very good set for it's price (balanced), while the KZ ZS10 Pro X seams to be a very capable driver from the few reviews I saw (the replaceable cable that the Moondrop CHU doesn't have is a nice plus since most of the IEMs that die on me is because of the wear and tear of the cable that sooner or later breaks).
Which of these two IEMs would you get and why? I'm not interested in all the drama on KZ (fake multi-driver iem scandal), if the IEM sounds nice it's all that I care about.
Anyone has both and can compare them?

Thank you.

Last edited:
Nov 10, 2022 at 9:25 PM Post #2 of 8
I've owned the KZ AS10 and Chu, and the AS10 was my preference because of the low end... Haven't heard the ZS.

Any reason the Salnotes Zero isn't on your list?

Nov 10, 2022 at 10:18 PM Post #3 of 8
I've owned the KZ AS10 and Chu, and the AS10 was my preference because of the low end... Haven't heard the ZS.

Any reason the Salnotes Zero isn't on your list?
Thank you for the reply.
About the Salnotes Zero, not really, just plain ignorance. Obviously you like them better than the Chu and the Kz you mentioned. I'll look into them and see what they are about. Tx

Nov 10, 2022 at 10:34 PM Post #4 of 8
Yes, I like the Salnotes... It's more detailed than the Chu but not fatiguing. Very tip dependent though.

Nov 11, 2022 at 8:40 PM Post #5 of 8
Just wanted to say that I couldn't resist and I've placed an order for both IEMs, the 7hz Salnotes Zero and the KZ ZS10 PRO X. :beyersmile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back